Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It seems some USAPA leaders might be nervous about Arbitration...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Copied from a thread on APC, here is the second paragraph of his letter. He sounds nervous about arbitration.

CLT Domicile Chairman's Update

Details Created on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 15:19

(2nd paragraph)

"As many know, up until now I have been an ardent supporter of the Merger Committee. I have gone on record as having ?Ultimate Confidence? in the committee. I helped pass resolutions giving them a degree of autonomy so as to not be influenced by any one seniority group. Over the last six months I have watched what at first was a fairly solid Protocol Agreement become watered down to a document that I believe essentially does one thing; allow a process that basically guarantees a West Merger Committee. Let me state for the record that I want all pilots at US Airways and American Airlines to be treated fairly in the seniority process. You could make a valid argument that it is hypocritical to say that APA would not treat us fairly if they solely represented us in seniority talks but USAPA could fairly represent the West in the same talks. I get it, but the Nicolau Award presents a different dynamic. Given the chance to stand before an arbitration panel as a full participant and present their case to implement the Nic, or a close substitute based on the argument that it was previously awarded by an arbitrator, is a potentially career ending chance that we cannot accept. Although we have won numerous court cases rejecting the Nic, arbitration is different and uncertain. The rules of law that apply to the decision making process of courts do not apply to arbitration. If there had not been a Nicolau Award I would have no problem with a West Merger Committee. In fact I would embrace it!"

Good stuff. So, arbitration is risky? What about the first time? You didn't know that then? Why did you agree to it and even help select Nicolau himself??

Looks like he is not in favor of this current agreement with the APA. He can see what "may" happen, and it should happen. So ironic that he states the APA could do to them what they (USAPA) did to the West. (Majority rules)

Popcorn ready....

Bye Bye---General Lee

You must be getting desperate for traffic in FI to start throwing a food fight related to USAPA. General Lee, single handily taking FI further down the tubes. Oh who am I kidding, I've seen dog blogs with more hits per day than the majors section on FI. Face it, you've invested thousands of hours of your time in a dead website. And your six fans are all of the other devices you use to connect with alternate screen names. Sure, I know lots of 'Delta pilots' who waste their time posting anonymously on websites. :rolleyes:

Leave em alone General.....

This is their fight....not ours.

Hypocritical is an understatement. These guys need to go to prison for the ******************** they've pulled to harm the West.

Leave em alone General.....

This is their fight....not ours.

BS Bill. It's everyone's fight. Disregarding a binding award is bad for everyone in this business. They didn't have to sign up for it and even help pick Nicolau, but they did. I can't believe your stance.

I bet you think Obama should stay away from ISIS too, it's the Middle East's problem. Right Bill? Wow....

Bye Bye---General Lee

You must be getting desperate for traffic in FI to start throwing a food fight related to USAPA. General Lee, single handily taking FI further down the tubes. Oh who am I kidding, I've seen dog blogs with more hits per day than the majors section on FI. Face it, you've invested thousands of hours of your time in a dead website. And your six fans are all of the other devices you use to connect with alternate screen names. Sure, I know lots of 'Delta pilots' who waste their time posting anonymously on websites. :rolleyes:

So certain industry related topics and actual problems with our industry (disregarding a binding award) are off limits? You don't want perspective new hires to know about actual disagreements? You sound like an idiot with your head in the sand. Pilots should want to know the hot topics and when other groups are treated unfairly. But, you don't want info and debate out there. Wow.

And I enjoy this website, and you don't like that. Too bad....

Bye Bye---General Lee

BS Bill. It's everyone's fight. Disregarding a binding award is bad for everyone in this business. They didn't have to sign up for it and even help pick Nicolau, but they did. I can't believe your stance.

I bet you think Obama should stay away from ISIS too, it's the Middle East's problem. Right Bill? Wow....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Classy General....

Turn an Airline SLI talk into an ISIS debate......amazing

Hypocritical is an understatement. These guys need to go to prison for the ******************** they've pulled to harm the West.

The West pilots have been "contained", stuck in PHX due to the Majority, and the rest of us apparently are ok with that? The West had been shut out of upgrades in the East, and are being pressured to accept something that goes against what they legally signed up for with the company and the Easties. It is a travesty, and people should know about it. The SWA guys aren't much better in how they treated the AT pilots too, but that is a different subject, although similar.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Classy General....

I can't believe your stance. Not classy. If you sign up for binding arbitration, follow through with it. It's all of our fight. The ISIS analogy is right on. It's our fight Bill. Deal with problems that can affect you, like ISIS or job wise---disregarding a binding SLI award. Not good.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Classy General....

Sorry man, he's does have a point there. If we stand for nothing we will fall for anything.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back