Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It seems some USAPA leaders might be nervous about Arbitration...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No court has ever rejected the Nicolau list. They have said that it hasn't been implemented and that USAPA is free to play Russian roulette by implementing something other than the Nicolau award, but they have never rejected it, becasue it has never been presented to a court to accept or reject. The issue has always been, does a DOH list that circumvents a binding award cause a DFR by USAPA? USAPA spins in circles claiming it has no legal requirement to use the Nic, but in fact they choose to do nothing, because that is DOH.

The fact that 5000 pilots allow themselves to be extorted with the highest dues in the industry in order to preserve the "do nothing" status quo is the real travesty. They should have been forced to jump off their chosen cliff 7 years ago instead of being allowed to hide under the judges bench.

The genital lee has a westicle lover which bid why he's so up in our business. Pathetic if you ask me. Fact is the precious Nic is DEAD and gone forever. The general lee can't handle it. Fact is the Westicles had nothing to offer us airways and they certainly have nothing to give to AA. Bunch of drug running drunk pilots that couldn't get hired by a real airline. Loosers.

The genital lee has a westicle lover which bid why he's so up in our business. Pathetic if you ask me. Fact is the precious Nic is DEAD and gone forever. The general lee can't handle it. Fact is the Westicles had nothing to offer us airways and they certainly have nothing to give to AA. Bunch of drug running drunk pilots that couldn't get hired by a real airline. Loosers.

We'll see, but your CLT base chairman(?) sure doesn't think so. Have you discussed this with him? Did he back hand slap you silly? Probably. Popcorn ready!

Bye Bye--- General Lee

Man I hate to say this but Agree with the General 100% (May God have mercy on my soul) What goes around, comes around!

Would anyone sign up for "non-binding" arbitration? Nope.

Anyone who signs on the dotted line for binding arbitration and then disagrees with the outcome is a complete hypocrite. They knew what they were signing up for and they believed the outcome would be different at the time. The inconvenient truth HURTS and I hope the new arbitration panel and APA pilots understand the implications of supporting USAPA's denial of this signed agreement - it is a bigger issue than just this seniority scramble.

Last edited:
Would anyone sign up for "non-binding" arbitration? Nope.

Anyone who signs on the dotted line for binding arbitration and then disagrees with the outcome is a complete hypocrite. They knew what they were signing up for and they believed the outcome would be different at the time. The inconvenient truth HURTS and I hope the new arbitration panel and APA pilots understand the implications of supporting USAPA's denial of this signed agreement - it is a bigger issue than just this seniority scramble.

I agree. I have a feeling all parties signing on the dotted line back then thought they were signing "binding" arbitration. But then......they didn't like the result..... Too bad.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I agree. I have a feeling all parties signing on the dotted line back then thought they were signing "binding" arbitration. But then......they didn't like the result..... Too bad.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The scum arbiTRAITOR was biased. And senile. That's how we got such a screwed up decision and why it is being litigated ten years later! Because it was a screwed up decision!!!

The scum arbiTRAITOR was biased. And senile. That's how we got such a screwed up decision and why it is being litigated ten years later! Because it was a screwed up decision!!!

Be honest...You're a West pilot who just says crazy, inflammatory stuff to stir the pot, right?

Your side picked him too. You had the chance to leave him out of your choices, but you didn't. Your MEC chair actually praised him prior, saying he would do it fairly. He listened to both sides, and then asked your side to do better, to negotiate with the West because what you were stating about DOH wasn't gonna fly, literally. Sorry, your excuses mean squat. You and your side are sore losers and the next group of 3 arbitrators (the first set) will understand the West's arguments, and then it will get interesting. Why wouldn't they? Would they rule against an award from one of their own? That would undermine their own authority. What other assurances do arbitrators need these days? To look behind each parties' backs to see if they are crossing their fingers? Signing the bottom line should mean it is "binding."

Bye Bye---General Lee

From the NIC award:

"Beyond this, at the time of the merger announcement, US Airways had a significant number of pilots on furlough while America West had none. Moreover, the financial future of US Airways was not comparable to or as bright as that of America West. These factors, as could be predicted, led to great differences In the Parties' concepts of a fair and equitable merger."

Can you debate that St.Nicky? Nope.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back