It now Official ASA will Shrink by 130 Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atlcrjdriver said:
Well I thought you were a barn stormer, 20 years from retirement would put you at an age to be my not much older brother not grandpa.

That is if you retire at 60...

I plan on going out at 55. I got an early start and was apart of the process for many years of building this place, along with Hooser, joe m and many others, to what it is today.

You need to look around at these pilots I speak of because there has been many times that they could of sold your FO butt out. Specifically the 700 rate deal. Company only wanted to pay FOs 55% of Capt. and give more to the Capt. But they "demanded" that the FO percent be fixed as it is on the other aircraft.

I might not agree with everything ALPA has to say. But I let them know when they are out of line and why. ASA is further away from center than ALPA is. If you want to make a change, TELL YOUR REPS! Ask Joe M. and Hooser why we were successful last contract. Because we ALL stood together. FOs and Capts. Look what happened at CMR. One group sold out the other.

Did anyone of you actually think before you posted something about losing 130 pilot slots? It says we will lose 130 700 pilot slots. It doesnt say that we will not get any other aircraft.

Last edited:
We're getting 32 new aircraft..........SLC is opening.........oh, maybe we're not getting all 32 new aircraft........... ACARS.................. THE BRICK...................uuummmm, SLC is closing.......... nope, now we're getting 900 for sure............ oooops, you naughty boys, now we're not getting 900's and we're loosing 700's.................... Should I continue?

If you believe any prediction about anything that hasn't already happened at this place, then you need to catch a wakeup.

These clowns couldn't organise a fcuk in a whorehouse, so do you really think they know what the crew requirements will look like in a year's time?

I didn't think so.........

Not quite right!

And last I remember Delta is allowing more than 70 seats starting in january and Skywest cant fly those bc of united. Now it would leave me to believe that those airplanes are going to the side who can fly them.

Yes SW can as long as they are not flown for the United code. They can fly them for Delta.

twott driver said:
We're getting 32 new aircraft..........SLC is opening.........oh, maybe we're not getting all 32 new aircraft........... ACARS.................. THE BRICK...................uuummmm, SLC is closing.......... nope, now we're getting 900 for sure............ oooops, you naughty boys, now we're not getting 900's and we're loosing 700's.................... Should I continue?

If you believe any prediction about anything that hasn't already happened at this place, then you need to catch a wakeup.

These clowns couldn't organise a fcuk in a whorehouse, so do you really think they know what the crew requirements will look like in a year's time?

I didn't think so.........

Don't forget CASS, the PDAs and the free blowjobs for everybody as was promised to my newhire class.

CRJ Skillz said:
Well, at least I wont be out of a job and 120-140 dumb FO's I dont have to put up with:beer:

Cheers!

What a Prck! You better pray I am not your F/O....ur life will be misreable....This F/O group is the most experienced group you have ever had...How long were you an F/O.....6 months? You better learn to respect your F/O's or expcet your prissy little A$$ to have no support from us!

Last edited:
Yea, I gotta second that. ASA has the most experienced FO group in the industry, as most of the newhires when I was hired were on their second airline, many from places like TWA, Midway, and furloughees from majors. Many of the Captains I have flown with upgraded in 6-12 months. Now, the 5 year FO is the norm here, and it's only going to get higher. This dumb FO
sh!t is going to have to stop.

atlcrjdriver said:
Hoser, I am not attacking the old guy, but you have to admit that this industry has changed three fold since his first solo in the piper cub. You either adjust with it or go peacfully into the night.

Of course this industry has changed. But, management scare tactics have not. Tutt sending letters to pilots homes, that's as old as, well, me! Tutt and Hall were in the crew lounge, Wed I think it was, and so were two members of the negotiating team. Tutt and Hall stayed either in one of the CPs office, or stood out by the door. They didn't come into the main part of the crew lounge (where the flica machines are). I thought that was unusual. Perhaps they were there to scare pilots but saw those two "union guys", and decided to wait. At least when I was there, for like two hours. Stick together and we'll achieve a fair contract.

Hoser

Here is news!!!!!! CT did the same thing at DL.

Kooter....I am the furthest from a union supporter and once a company guy! I am voting yes!!!!!! Enough is enough.....Companies pay people more as thier responsibility increases no matter what industry you work in....Mc Donalds cashier makes xyz dollars....Supervisor makes more....Asst manager makes even more, Manager, regional manager....ect you get my point....So why should we be the manager making the cashier's pay? Get my drift..... In case you don't here is anohter example, School bus driver, Transit bus driver and Greyhound driver.....HMMMM do they all make the same....NOT but they all operate similar equipment with varying levels of responsibility!

I/we don't assume more responsibility and not get compensated for that higher risk! The SKYW pilots made a HUGE mistake and now everyone in the industry is paying for it. I for one will not sell out any other company or this profession like Mesa, Comair or anyone else has done in the past. We go down fighting and not with our tails between our legs only for SKYW to eventually replace us anyways....WE NEED GREAT SCOPE!!!!!!!

Last edited:
SuperKooter said:
Flica.

There will be 165 Capatin and 165 F/O slots in Atlanta when SLC closes. There will be 100 Captain and 100 F/O slots same time next year in atlanta. 130 jobs are going bye bye and probably some people too. All because the ALPAites think that the CRJ 200 and 700 are 2 different types of airplanes when they are almost identical.

Also all newhire classes have been canceled from what i've heard. They might have one or 2 in august if there is attrition which would be great since some of the 700 captains have been here WAY past their time.

That means they (MGT) expect 65 CA/FO's from the CR7 to go back to the CR2. You're Chicken Little and the sky is NOT Falling.

Latest resources

Back