It now Official ASA will Shrink by 130 Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blucher said:
JP, this post is extremely disappointing and disturbing to me. I don't care how mad you may be, this is completely uncalled for. Please do not insult yourself and everyone else on here again by posting such personal attacks that have little or nothing to do with the issue. If she's wronged you at work somehow, fine, bash her for that. But for losing a child???? Not cool.

-Blucher:mad:

I didn't see any bash there. It sounded like a simple statement of fact as to the circumstances by which a chief pilot got her positon.

Bashing would be " Hey that guy Joseph Smith got a brain tumor and a now he is going to die a slow, debilitating and painful death, isn't that good news?"

See, thats bashing and for the record I would agree that would be in poor taste.

Blucher said:
JP, this post is extremely disappointing and disturbing to me. I don't care how mad you may be, this is completely uncalled for. Please do not insult yourself and everyone else on here again by posting such personal attacks that have little or nothing to do with the issue. If she's wronged you at work somehow, fine, bash her for that. But for losing a child???? Not cool.

-Blucher:mad:

Ditto

Pogue Mahone said:
I didn't see any bash there. It sounded like a simple statement of fact as to the circumstances by which a chief pilot got her positon.

Bashing would be " Hey that guy Joseph Smith got a brain tumor and a now he is going to die a slow, debilitating and painful death, isn't that good news?"

See, thats bashing and for the record I would agree that would be in poor taste.

KR has around 10 years experience at ASA. What else do you need?

blueridge71 said:
Going from the 50 to the 70 is only two weeks of differences training. Are you saying that it is different to go from the 70 to the 50?

I have heard that while we have a 50-70 transition program, we do not have one to go the opposite direction. I could be wrong though.

Beergut said:
KR has around 10 years experience at ASA. What else do you need?

At ASA you have to have a sincere desire to do the company's bidding. Even when they are wrong. By wrong I don't mean a mistake, I mean wrong.

Like, we know what the contract says but if you don't do what we say you can greive it wrong.

You have to a have a lack of dignity. Just look back over the last 10 years at all the boobs who have filtered thru the CPO. They come, they go. The company cares no more about the CPs than they do the line pilots. In order to be a yes-man (or woman as the case may be) for an organization like this, you really need to sell out 100%.

You must be willing to rarely, if ever, advocate for a line pilot. Even when the company is forcing someone to do the wrong thing that may end up in the FAA's lap. Further, once it gets to that point, you have to be willing to lie cheat and steal to place the blame on the pilot.

You have to be willing to be complicit in a corrupt greivance process. Whereby members of senior management, who hold positions of responsibility as required by the regulations, will place their hand on stack of bibles and swear to god almighty to tell the truth. And then lie through their friggin teeth to curry favor with the retards who run the asylum.

Need I go on?

We have one good Chief Pilot at ASA and I bet he gets hosed in the SLC deal. The rest aren't worth a bucket of piss.

Pogue Mahone said:
At ASA you have to have a sincere desire to do the company's bidding. Even when they are wrong. By wrong I don't mean a mistake, I mean wrong.

Like, we know what the contract says but if you don't do what we say you can greive it wrong.

You have to a have a lack of dignity. Just look back over the last 10 years at all the boobs who have filtered thru the CPO. They come, they go. The company cares no more about the CPs than they do the line pilots. In order to be a yes-man (or woman as the case may be) for an organization like this, you really need to sell out 100%.

You must be willing to rarely, if ever, advocate for a line pilot. Even when the company is forcing someone to do the wrong thing that may end up in the FAA's lap. Further, once it gets to that point, you have to be willing to lie cheat and steal to place the blame on the pilot.

You have to be willing to be complicit in a corrupt greivance process. Whereby members of senior management, who hold positions of responsibility as required by the regulations, will place their hand on stack of bibles and swear to god almighty to tell the truth. And then lie through their friggin teeth to curry favor with the retards who run the asylum.

Need I go on?

We have one good Chief Pilot at ASA and I bet he gets hosed in the SLC deal. The rest aren't worth a bucket of piss.

Gotta disagree with you there. We do have one in ATL who could very well be keeping the entire place from blowing up. I'd rather not use his name, because if the idiots in management figure out he's good to us, he'll probably be fired. When he does finally decide to leave the office we will all see just how terrible the others are (even more so than we already do).

-Blucher

Sherpa said:
120-140 dumd FO's? Granted, I takes a while to cozy up to the CRJ or ATR but isn't that a hasty generalization?
Many of those "dumb FO's" will vote to strike and stand up for all pilots making a living wage instead of leaving the industry full of bottom dwellers hoping they can scrape by on gov't cheese and get a quick upgrade. I'd rather take a furlough than sucumb to self preservation on a crap job.
Did you start in the left seat?

Exercise in futility there my friend. Look at the GJ scumbags or Freedom or what the SkyWest pilot pilots accepted. Everybody talks the good talk but there are too many of these kids who, "FLY FOR NOTHING FOR TWIN/ TURBINE TIME!" We at TSA stood firm in our hopes to slow the race to the bottom. What happened? We caught all sorts of crap from everybody about how we needed to quit complaining because we had a chance to vote and turned it down.

I want to $200,000 a year and fly 13 days a month but until the government quits bailing out these larger airlines, the "False Market" glass ceiling will remain in place and the whipsaw will continue to buzz. I've got pick my battles and right now ain't such a good time with the current political climate or state or fuel prices which will probably continue through the end of next year.

So if you guys with ASA think it's so bad, look at TSA and BS happening to that pilot group and be thankful it hasn't come to that yet.

SuperKooter said:
Is that some kind of threat. Is that supposed to mean that if I make my views known in public I should fear for my saftey? Its been done before, unions are like the mafia. If you get in their way you going to get hurt.

Kooter, now boy, I've told you 3-4 times to go back to watching your cartoons on the tube. A little dramatic aren't we mommy boy. Unions like the mafia. That's rich. ALPA is more like an association, unfortunately, than a hard core union like the Teamsters perhaps. And, no one is gonna get hurt you little mgt puke. Now, if someone finds out where you really work (it's the GO), you may get hurt. So, Koot, keep your pathetic identity secret and you won't get hurt. C'mon, get real Koot!

ALPA really screwed the dog on this one. If only ALPA would of made a RJ UNION when the first RJ's came onto the sence and said no one will fly a jet for less than jet pay. This whole industry would be a lot better off. Thanks ALPA and all the non-union guys that are driving us all into this black abyss!

Turkey Shoot said:
Exercise in futility there my friend. Look at the GJ scumbags or Freedom or what the SkyWest pilot pilots accepted. Everybody talks the good talk but there are too many of these kids who, "FLY FOR NOTHING FOR TWIN/ TURBINE TIME!" We at TSA stood firm in our hopes to slow the race to the bottom. What happened? We caught all sorts of crap from everybody about how we needed to quit complaining because we had a chance to vote and turned it down.

I want to $200,000 a year and fly 13 days a month but until the government quits bailing out these larger airlines, the "False Market" glass ceiling will remain in place and the whipsaw will continue to buzz. I've got pick my battles and right now ain't such a good time with the current political climate or state or fuel prices which will probably continue through the end of next year.

So if you guys with ASA think it's so bad, look at TSA and BS happening to that pilot group and be thankful it hasn't come to that yet.

Just out of curiosity what did we accept that was so bad? Last I checked we were about the highest paid next to Horizon, our upgrade is just a lot shorter.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back