It now Official ASA will Shrink by 130 Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJ Skillz said:
Well, at least I wont be out of a job and 120-140 dumb FO's I dont have to put up with:beer:

Cheers!

120-140 dumd FO's? Granted, I takes a while to cozy up to the CRJ or ATR but isn't that a hasty generalization?
Many of those "dumb FO's" will vote to strike and stand up for all pilots making a living wage instead of leaving the industry full of bottom dwellers hoping they can scrape by on gov't cheese and get a quick upgrade. I'd rather take a furlough than sucumb to self preservation on a crap job.
Did you start in the left seat?

SuperKooter said:
Is that some kind of threat. Is that supposed to mean that if I make my views known in public I should fear for my saftey? Its been done before, unions are like the mafia. If you get in their way you going to get hurt.

I made an exception to the ignor list for this one.

Nice try to pass me off as making a threat. The rude awakening would be 90% of the pilots you talk to telling you you're an idiot. Try it and see.

Stifler's Mom said:
Hey D' Bag, next time you go in for your medical, ask the AME to write you a prescription for a pair of testicles, ok? :rolleyes:

I think they're called neuticles.

"Neuticles allowing your pet to retain his natural look, self esteem and aids in the trauma associated with neutering."

You have to at least try to sound like a normal line pilot it's pretty apparent that you should go back to your job in the GO or chief pilots office. The only satisfaction that I'll take in striking and killing the airline is that people like you will be unemployed as well. I firmly believe that most of us are perfectly willing to watch ASA disappear rather than be the next group to cave to a pay cut during a period of record profits. Why don't you read your vision card to yourself a few times and then walk down to the hall to our dishonest CEO's office and ask him why we're losing airframes, etc. No one will be out of work either, their more than enough attrition to cover any reductions because this is such a miserable airline to work at. Just wait until Skywest inc. eliminates your position in the GO.

It's time to BURN THE HOUSE DOWN.

SuperKooter said:
So now what do you ALPAites have to say for yourselves. You are going make ASA shrink. 120-140 people will be out of work because you can't take the ALPA blinders off your overinflated heads.

There WILL be a paycut on the 70 or ASA WILL lose all of them and even more jobs.

Think about your actions and how it will affect people. A large amount of people may find themselves on the street because of your Lack of Common Sense.

I just hope that strike vote will be a weak showing. I will vote NO and I know many other people will also vote NO. If you lemmings do decide to "Burn The MUTHA DOWN" then JA will shrink ASA into nothingness as it probably should at least ALPA will be gone. ASA days are numbered and its because of the selfish MEC.

Hey i've got an Idea maybe you clowns can walk around like fool in your uniforms (with hat on of course) infront of the ASA building. Thats worked so will in the past.

That's true. I know that I can fly another job making about the same amount in a short time. No problem there.

I wonder if a couple of our CP's (CC & KR,in particular) will be able to find another CP job. I highly doubt it.

I also wonder if a lot of GO folks are going to be able to find a job similar to what they have somewhere else. I highly doubt it. Quite a few of the suckups are going to see their world go to crap in a hurry. Their coveted little jobs will go away and no one on the outside is going to hire them into similar positions.

Yes, a shutdown will hurt me in the short run, but I can recover quite quickly. A lot of GO and CP folks can't say the same thing.

We're all in this together.

Anon:

Don't bet on Kim Reed being out for the count. She is a woman. Every place I've started applying to asks the question. At Continental they asked it three times (once on air apps, once on the Continental supplement and they want to know if you belong to OBAP, or Women in Aviation.)

Yes there are flying jobs out there that pay the same. But, there are not many that will let a guy start in the left seat, have 16 days and weekends off every month, three weeks of vacation and close to home.

There are some, like xxxx, that it is hard to imagine having any opportunities outside of ASA, but he probably has a bead on being the biggest bada$$ at the FAA, or TSA. Rember the FAA even hired Scott Young, who I would not trust to take out the garbage for fear of the task getting screwed up.

~~~^~~~ said:
Anon:

Don't bet on Kim Reed being out for the count. She is a woman. Every place I've started applying to asks the question. At Continental they asked it three times (once on air apps, once on the Continental supplement and they want to know if you belong to OBAP, or Women in Aviation.)

Yes there are flying jobs out there that pay the same. But, there are not many that will let a guy start in the left seat, have 16 days and weekends off every month, three weeks of vacation and close to home.

There are some, like xxxx, that it is hard to imagine having any opportunities outside of ASA, but he probably has a bead on being the biggest bada$$ at the FAA, or TSA. Rember the FAA even hired Scott Young, who I would not trust to take out the garbage for fear of the task getting screwed up.

Who is "xxxx"? Initials?

As for KR, the most useless CP to hit the lounge, "Mother Hen" only got that job because Chromer felt sorry for her after she lost her baby. She wanted to be closer to home so she could take care of the other kid and try again. Chromer threw her a bone with the CP job, and improved ASA's demographics at the same time.

If you want to have fun with Kim, stand right outside her office and start bashing ASA management. Watch her run out to see who it is. The CPs have been instructed to take notes in the crew lounges and pass them to the GO with names for a couple of years now. I bet our union reps would love to get their hands on that target list in the GO.

sweptback said:
Uh, no, they can't furlough out of senority.

Plus, it would cost them much more to downgrade everybody to the 50. They'd all have to go through the full CRJ course again.

Going from the 50 to the 70 is only two weeks of differences training. Are you saying that it is different to go from the 70 to the 50?

John Pennekamp said:
Who is "xxxx"? Initials?

As for KR, the most useless CP to hit the lounge, "Mother Hen" only got that job because Chromer felt sorry for her after she lost her baby. She wanted to be closer to home so she could take care of the other kid and try again. Chromer threw her a bone with the CP job, and improved ASA's demographics at the same time.

JP, this post is extremely disappointing and disturbing to me. I don't care how mad you may be, this is completely uncalled for. Please do not insult yourself and everyone else on here again by posting such personal attacks that have little or nothing to do with the issue. If she's wronged you at work somehow, fine, bash her for that. But for losing a child???? Not cool.

-Blucher:mad:

Latest resources

Back