It now Official ASA will Shrink by 130 Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sweptback said:
I have heard that while we have a 50-70 transition program, we do not have one to go the opposite direction. I could be wrong though.

one of my friends, who flew the 70 in dfw and then got sent to atl when it closed, said they just did a one day ground to refresh on the 50. then out on the line you go, since everyone did the full training on it prior to the 70.

BigLebowski said:
Just out of curiosity what did we accept that was so bad? Last I checked we were about the highest paid next to Horizon, our upgrade is just a lot shorter.

GJ pilots a scabbing scumbags.

Blucher said:
JP, this post is extremely disappointing and disturbing to me. I don't care how mad you may be, this is completely uncalled for. Please do not insult yourself and everyone else on here again by posting such personal attacks that have little or nothing to do with the issue. If she's wronged you at work somehow, fine, bash her for that. But for losing a child???? Not cool.

-Blucher:mad:

Pogue Mahone said:
I didn't see any bash there. It sounded like a simple statement of fact as to the circumstances by which a chief pilot got her positon.

Bashing would be " Hey that guy Joseph Smith got a brain tumor and a now he is going to die a slow, debilitating and painful death, isn't that good news?"

See, thats bashing and for the record I would agree that would be in poor taste.

Blutcher, I couldn't give a rat's hiney what you think of me. If the truth hurts, than so be it. I made no personal attack of her loss, I stated a fact explaining why she is a chief pilot. I feel sorry for her loss, but I think you should be mad at her for parlaying in into a promotion. Now that being said, she has been nothing more than a discipline dispenser since she took office. Along with Teddy. Even the beloved FL toes the line now. The only chief worth spit in the last 5 years was Mike White, and they fired him for calling the GO and fighting on behalf of pilots too much.

If ASA is losing 20 pilots per month, where are they all going? What airlines are hiring them, or are they just getting out of aviation?

sleepy said:
If ASA is losing 20 pilots per month, where are they all going? What airlines are hiring them, or are they just getting out of aviation?

A lot are going to Airtran. A few others go to Continental, FedEx and fractionals. Lots of FOs are leaving the industry to concentrate on outside businesses they run.

John Pennekamp said:
A lot are going to Airtran. A few others go to Continental, FedEx and fractionals. Lots of FOs are leaving the industry to concentrate on outside businesses they run.

ASA is NOT losing 20 pilots a month that happened like 3 months ago and now all the alapites are trying ti justify losing 130 jobs.

Suits me fine if he wants to ignore us. No more responses from him. Good riddance.

Latest resources

Back