It now Official ASA will Shrink by 130 Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SuperKooter said:
So now what do you ALPAites have to say for yourselves. You are going make ASA shrink. 120-140 people will be out of work because you can't take the ALPA blinders off your overinflated heads.

There WILL be a paycut on the 70 or ASA WILL lose all of them and even more jobs.

Think about your actions and how it will affect people. A large amount of people may find themselves on the street because of your Lack of Common Sense.

I just hope that strike vote will be a weak showing. I will vote NO and I know many other people will also vote NO. If you lemmings do decide to "Burn The MUTHA DOWN" then JA will shrink ASA into nothingness as it probably should at least ALPA will be gone. ASA days are numbered and its because of the selfish MEC.

Hey i've got an Idea maybe you clowns can walk around like fool in your uniforms (with hat on of course) infront of the ASA building. Thats worked so will in the past.

Superkooter, or should I call you Slaphappy?, you tried this same BS on airline pilot central the other day and got slapped down there.

You are obviously a member of management trying to scare junior FOs into voting no. You are a despicable loser for your tactics.

To be "official" the company has to make an announcement. Unless it is sitting on your desk in the CPO, they havn't done so.

First off, nothing has changed in three weeks since they announced the 900 deliveries. It is clearly an attempt to influence the negotiations and nothing more. We may get 900s and we may not, but that decision was made long before this week.

Second, look outside your office at all the Aviation Daily copies posted around the crew room. ASA is not the most expensive by a long shot. We are cheaper than Skywest.

Third, the only other alternative I can see that makes sense is that they plan to strip ASA for its assets and close the company a la Lorenzo. If that is true, concessions won't help and its better to go down fighting without taking a pay cut.

If you tell the DOT one thing and the pilots another, you are lying to somebody. Are you lying to the pilot group or the government? I'd put money on those DOT figures being accurate.

And I'm no unionist, but BL's tactics as clear as they are underhanded. I'm now a vote to strike.

And according to the MEC blastmail, new hires and apprentice members will be upgraded to full membership for the vote, so everyone gets a voice.

Last edited:
Tim47SIP said:
And last I remember Delta is allowing more than 70 seats starting in january and Skywest cant fly those bc of united. Now it would leave me to believe that those airplanes are going to the side who can fly them.

Yes SW can as long as they are not flown for the United code. They can fly them for Delta.

Depends on how the scope is written. I'm betting that if it's operated by SkyWest Airlines, then you can't do it. Mesa Air Group is getting around it by having several different carriers. This is the same deal that has TSA all screwed by GJ due to the American scope clause. (Company prohibitted from flying ANY aircraft in excess of 50 seats.)

n6604f said:
This F/O group is the most experienced group you have ever had.

No sir, the "most" experienced group of FOs we had were prior to the Company bring in, such as Carl "we won't get 70 seat aircraft" Childree, 200 hours children.

Right, 3 month FO's on the bandit, who all upgraded in 12-18 months.....opposed to a group of mostly 3-5 year FO's, many who worked at other Majors and were probably Regional Captains themselves years ago before coming to ASA. Not even close. That said, yeah, there are a handful of inexperienced low-timers around now, mainly because who in the h-e-l-1 would want to work here now?

blueridge71 said:
And according to the MEC blastmail, new hires and apprentice members will be upgraded to full membership for the vote, so everyone gets a voice.
/

Not true. Read it closely. It says all apprentice members with a DOH of last June will be upgraded to full members.

SiuDude said:
/

Not true. Read it closely. It says all apprentice members with a DOH of last June will be upgraded to full members.

Of course, they are still too COWARDLY to let EVERYONE vote. ALPO doesnt want anyone who isn't likely to vote their way to have a voice at all.

:angryfireWell guys, we have drawn the line in the sand and I am proud to say that we are ALL going to STAND TOGETHER on this one! Yes on the strike vote for me!! STAND UNITED ASA PILOTS!!

Nicely put Blue....You're My BOY BLUE!!!!!!

D'Angelo said:
Of course, they are still too COWARDLY to let EVERYONE vote. ALPO doesnt want anyone who isn't likely to vote their way to have a voice at all.

Hey moron, they are attemptiong to get as many votes as possible. They even put off the strike vote for a few days to get a few more members voted in. The CBL's stipulate that apprentice members can't vote. They don't pay dues, thus they get no vote. Too bad you're too dense to understand that concept.

:DGo Around....It was GREAT!! Nice to see a company that KNOWS how to treat their employee's!!

Latest resources

Back