• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed in Oct. and just got the letter today too. I wondered if anyone knows roughly how many in the pool? I've been following all these posts and I count maybe 6, I'm sure there are more though. Anyway thanks for all the good info guys.

There are way more than 6.
Someone posted here that at the Oct interviews they were told the pool was about 15-20. Since the Aug group had not received letters yet in Oct, I assume that number did not count them. 12 interviewed in Aug and I think 12 in Oct. So if you figure about 6-8 from each group, that would make the pool around 30-35. But this just speculation.

If Frieght Pilot see this maybe he can find out the real number.

I hate to ask a dumb question, but I am having trouble finding info on IA. Does anybody have a website address or address for a resume to be sent. Thanks yall.

pool

last time i checked (couple weeks ago) there were about 45 people in the pool. that should include everyone that interviewed up til that point regardless of if you got a letter or not yet.

hog you're still swimmin in it. :)

speculation of a possible class in jan/feb/mar IF we increase our flying (probably not jan tho). if not then there may be a class sometime mar/apr/jun depending on other staffing requirements.
all these are big "IF's", lots of planning going on for various scenarios going on right now with all the uncertainty so take it for what its worth.

Hey dash,

thanks for that info.

Do you have any idea WHEN (deadline?) "they" will come to a decision about any class dates?

Has AQ shared their reduced interisland schedule with IA yet? Or is that one of the scenarios that has not yet been played out?

Any more info is much appreciated!

Thanks again.

Oh, I forgot.......

Congratulations to all you new poolies!:D

Sounds like it's gettin' kinda crowded in here. Hopefully we can all get outta da pool and into the ocean soon!

jenga:

no idea on when because there are several things they are waiting on any they have no control over any of it. their decision for class dates will come as a reaction to outside events.

when i consult my tarot cards as i look into the crystal ball and feel the goat intestines and consult the horoscopes its not "if" its "when" they will have a class. i figure based on all my fortunetelling skills that there will be a class in the future.. just dont know exactly when. could be near, could be far...either way i'll keep you all updated on any new info i come across.

island air will not (99.9% certainty) share a schedule with aloha.. alohas scope clause makes sure that island air will not fly on their routes. any increase will most probably be an increase in frequency on routes already served by island air or new routes that arent in violation of alohas scope clause.

Island air

Hey guys.. I got THANKS BUT NO THANKS letter along with my resume today, and i thought IA is hiring? what is going on???

Here what it says:

Wo do not have any positions open at this time and we do not accept any application and/or resumes unless there is a vacant postion available to the public. Therefore we are returning your resume to you..... I can't believe this...

Latest resources

Back