Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wowjack

I love Bro...,but I go RJ
I got a phone interview from an H.R. today. They asked me questions like the drunk captain, departure alternates, CRM training,

They told me they call back in 3 weeks to let me know if I get called in. My question is...is this a good sign of getting a call back?

i got a message from Joe Edwards today, saying he wanted to ask me some questions about my application. this wouldnt be who called you, i am wondering if i should expect a phone interview when i call him tomorrow. i am keeping my fingers crossed.

Joe E. was the guy that I did my phone interview with. He asked the same questions you mentioned... plus what should you squawk if you lose communication capabilities. I'm surprised they're still setting up interviews. Last week i heard there were 15-20 already in the pool, not including the 20-30 guys that interviewed last week.

good luck,

SR

Okay, so Joe E. is Dir. of Ops and is apparently conducting phone interviews. Now does anyone know what happens after the phone interview. Is there also a pool of people who have done phone interviews waiting to do the real thing face to face? Any news on possible classes, they seem to be hiring a lot of poolies.

Joe Edwards

He was the same guy that called me, and he also asked me the comm failure question. They said I can expect a call in 3 weeks to see what the next step will be. Did they tell anyone else that?

Wow

I got ahold of Joe E. today and got the same questions. Comm. failure, dep. alternates, what would you bring to I.A., how would your current supervisor describe you. Then he said HR would call in 3 weeks to continue the process. So now what is the big question? Anyone have a clue as to whats going on?

I got the call two Mondays ago (During the football game) and Joe said expect a call 2-3 weeks for a interview date. Still waiting...

Looks like they're ramping up the process but still have many in the pool and future uncertain with Aloha and Hawaiian.

I'd still love to swing that Dash-8 inter-island...

I spoke with Niki Kamahele today, she is the head of HR at Island Air. She said that there are about 15-20 in the pool not counting the guys that were selected in August. I interviewed in August and just received confirmation that I am in the pool. Hope it doesnt take that long for you guys. My suspicion is that they want to build their pool to about 50 pilots and my bet is that there will be a class scheduled sometime in the 1st quater of 2003. Of course this all depends on the situation at Aloha and Hawaiian.

Hawaiian just announced furloughs again, so don't look for people leaving for Hawaiian anytime soon.

However, Aloha is still hiring and there will be more people leaving IA for Aloha.... hopefully soon.... :D

RE: the orginal question.

The process basically goes like this.
You send your stuff in. If they are interested in
you, Joe E. calls and asks some Q's.
He says "you should hear from HR in 2-3 weeks"
You get an e-mail or call from HR offering you
an interview. They give you a choice of when you
want to do it. (They usually alternate months between
HNL and ATL) you provide your own transportation and
hotel for the interview.
You interview.
You wait to find out if you have been selected for the pool.
You get a call offering a class. (there is no order to the pool, they select people they need at the time. ie if they are short on CAs they will take the high time guys out of the pool first)
You go to ground school. (again you provide transpo to HNL)
You pass your checkride.
You sit on reserve in paradise.
You are furloughed, go back to start. (just kidding)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back