Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aloha news

got this off the "majors"section
Looks good for a Island class in Jan or Feb.

"My informal understanding of our hiring plans is this. We are going to be running either an upgrade class or a new hire class every month for the near to mid term future, i.e. 2-6 months. Where are you flying now? Our training department is pretty small, and we've been growing like mad for the past few years. It is tough for us to have a large pool and be interviewing all of the time.

I agree with freight dog, for the most part anyway. Aloha is famous for calling the same week of the interview, hiring a day or two after, and putting you in a class the following Monday. Happened to me and a bunch of the guys I know. Latest rumor is 5 more airplanes next year. We are already short staffed, even though the interisland reduction took place, we are still hitting the minimums for reserves. Personally, I see a doubling in the size of our fleet in the 2 years....so another 5 aircraft in '04. That is only my guess..and that with $5 will get you a cup of coffee downtown. Most of what I hear is only rumors, although from time to time I do swing into ops and ask a few questions...."

Just got my "pool" letter today from the IA HR dept.
I interviewed in the Aug group.
Don't know if that means the Oct group will
get anything soon or not.

Congrats!! I got my letter and I am from the August interview group as well. Hope there is a class soon!

C'mon on in, the water's great, about 75 degrees. Congrats! Now if we can just get a class or two to start.....

The Wait is Over!

Congrats you two!!! I just received an unofficial invitation via email from HR to join the rest of you poolies. I emailed HR a week or two ago since its been 5 weeks since my interview, just received their response today. Still debating on weather to sign a 6 or 12-month lease on my apartment. Good Luck to the rest of ya waiting to hear.

SR

The lease was up on my apartment in November. I was able to talk the managment into allowing me to go month to month with no obligations. Maybe you can try that option. Congrats!

SWEEET!! Need a roomate?:) Hugh, how long have you been swimming at IA? Any new rumors for class dates?

Interviewed in March and I've been swimming since April. I was offered an August slot but was unavailable :-( I've heard no rumors recently of a class, but I am channeling all of my energy to will them to form one. (between sets, of course). ALoha, HJ

Latest resources

Back