Island Air sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thought

The Chings sold 100% of Island Air's stock to the Willis Leasing Corp. But at the same time the Chings traded for stock in Willis Leasing Corp which now owns Island Air. That's where the interest is. So......the Chings don't own it anymore but, are stock holders of the new Island Air.

Yea Boy!!

and i just bought stock in Willis, al'right! Maybe I'll make some money for a change.

I went into our (AQ) office today to check on a resume for a friend of mine at WP and one of the ladies who is in charge of these things told me that she had been "ordered" to pull all Island Air applicants out of the file. Apparently, the instructors (who do the interviewing) hate WP in general and are ecstatic that they no longer have to look at them. I was also told by someone who should know that another two ex Island Air pilots failed upgrade training, that one recently hired WP pilot was about to be given walking papers and that my friend had "virtually no chance".

This is B.S.

jjp said:
I went into our (AQ) office today to check on a resume for a friend of mine at WP and one of the ladies who is in charge of these things told me that she had been "ordered" to pull all Island Air applicants out of the file. Apparently, the instructors (who do the interviewing) hate WP in general and are ecstatic that they no longer have to look at them. I was also told by someone who should know that another two ex Island Air pilots failed upgrade training, that one recently hired WP pilot was about to be given walking papers and that my friend had "virtually no chance".

This is B.S.

Donning my nomex suit in anticipation of what this post will bring forth...

"The Chings sold 100% of Island Air's stock to the Willis Leasing Corp. But at the same time the Chings traded for stock in Willis Leasing Corp which now owns Island Air. That's where the interest is. So......the Chings don't own it anymore but, are stock holders of the new Island Air...."

Well not exactly correct. Charles Willis and his son Austin have formed a private company called Gavarnie. Island Air was sold to Gavarnie. Willis Leasing has no corparate interest in Gavarnie except that it leases 4 Dashs to Island Air. Charles Willis only owns 37% of Willis leasing.
Since it has been reported that the Willis's own 100% of Gavarnie, I'm guessing the Chings got stock in Willis Leasing.

If Willis leasing is a public company, it would be easy to find out.
Does anybody know anything about Willis leasing?

Gotta Love It

I guess Aloha will be full of furloughed Delta & United guys (well, at least until they get called back, then they’re adios). Hey, maybe Aloha will open up a base on the mainland so that new hires will feel at home.

Hey wait, does that mean that Aloha will start hiring Hawaiian furloughs? I'm not certain, but I don't think they get along with Hawaiian pilots either. Oh well, I guess Hawaiian pilots can still go to Island Air, go figure!?

"This is B.S."

The news or the post itself?

The 2 prior IA guys who upgraded in Nov passed. And I DH'd on a flight with LB doing IOE. He was happy as a clam and I think he was the last one hired.

rodgers said:
"This is B.S."

The news or the post itself?

The 2 prior IA guys who upgraded in Nov passed. And I DH'd on a flight with LB doing IOE. He was happy as a clam and I think he was the last one hired.

Ahhhh reality. It is so good to see you again.

I guess some people just have to stir-up the pot. But it looks like JJG is from france, so we all expected that.

DashCash(less) said:
Ahhhh reality. It is so good to see you again.

I guess some people just have to stir-up the pot. But it looks like JJG is from france, so we all expected that.

(in my best french accent) He is JJ z french fighter piloooot. When he goes down, he goes down in flames!!

Latest resources

Back