• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

is this guy a fraud???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask where he got his commission: ROTC, OTS (officer training school), or the Academy
Where did he go for UPT
Where did he go for C-141 training (I thought the C-141 was pretty much gone).
If he's got wings on his nametag, ask him what the difference is between pilot, nav, and enlisted aircrew wings.
Ask him when the phase out for the C-141 is and what happens to him then (I believe all the active duty C-141 units are going to the C-17)
What squadron is he in: get back to us with the answer.
What rank is he (does he have a single gold or silver bar on each shoulder, or something else). If he has nothing on his shoulders, he could be enlisted aircrew; another way to tell is to look at his hat: if it is plain blue, he's enlisted aircrew. If he's got an officer's hat, it will have a silver threaded edge to the top, plus his rank will be on the hat.

Graduate college, wait a few months, 1 year of UPT, 4-5 months more before you graduate from C-141 school. 22 years old? I'm guessing he's either a fraud or enlisted aircrew (like a loadmaster or flight engineer)

Now, watch him squirm.

"I believe it is a federal offense to impersonate a military officer."

Uh oh. That can't be good for the Air Force folks.

Da Vinci said:
my girlfriend's friend has been dating a guy who claims to be a c141 pilot for the airforce. now me and my girlfriend are both comm. rated pilots working on our CFI's...so her friend has been asking us specific questions about this guys because she has a strong feeling he's NOT a pilot. he ALWAYS wears a pilot jump suit...i mean ALWAYS. any time he is in public he is wearing it...never seen him without it. he is 22, 5 feet tall and maybe 120 pounds. he appears to have no interest in airplanes-doesn't talk about them or even look up in the sky when on passes overhead. did i mention he ALWAYS wears a jump suit????
i did a quick check on line and found the min height requirment for the airforce to be about 5'4". any military guys help here....could a 22yr old be a pilot (co-pilot??) for a c141? isn't 5' too short?? is it common for military guys to never take off their jumpsuits-even on dates, movies, mall, dinner??? if a big jet or loud planes flys over head...neither me or my g-friend can help but look up...like an instinct...isn't that common for people who have an interest in planes...ie airforce pilots??? any trick questions she could ask that would make or break the case???

He sounds like he's a CAP cadet who goes along for rides and just trying to make himself feel important:p !!!!!! I'm sure we've all seen them wondering the airports with their high military rankings!!!!!

Caveman said:
"I believe it is a federal offense to impersonate a military officer."

Uh oh. That can't be good for the Air Force folks.

ZING! :)

You and your girlfriend are commercial pilots, working on your CFI, and between the two of you you can not come up with some questions to see if this guy is a poser?

Well in the long run it turned out that he was a big ol'e fraud just using her for money and some loving.

Haaaaay ... wait a minute, the problem with this is ... what exactly? :(

Minh

Funny you should mention CAP guys ... the FBO I go to has a ton of them - mostly older guys who couldn't meet the vision/height/weight requirements to fly USAF. I noticed the other day that one of the CFI's was wearing his CAP flight suit while debriefing a student after their dual flight. There was a funny thread up here a few weeks ago when people were talking about pilots wearing their uniform in public. One guy had mentioned a first time PPL student wearing a flight suit and military helmet to his first lesson. I nearly lost it when I saw this CFI climb out of a 152 in his Nomex. Freakin' hillarious. And no, it wasn't a CAP flight.

Partridge said:
You and your girlfriend are commercial pilots, working on your CFI, and between the two of you you can not come up with some questions to see if this guy is a poser?
Yeah, just ask him, like, so what's the stall speed on that 141?? Man, those engines look huge, how much thrust?? What's fuel flow at normal cruise?? Oh, hey, are those things pressurized?? I see them with the doors open, just wondered.

Any of these will trip you to the fact that this is a MAJOR POSER, who should be drawn and quartered (BTW, what exactly does that mean??), and then run out of town on a rail.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back