• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

is this guy a fraud???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Theres only one question you have to ask him to determine if hes a pilot. Ask him the weight of his fuel. Thats it. I saw the same thing on Dateline where a guy was posing as a Navy pilot and was dating this girl whose dad asked him that very question and he didn't know. He ended up being a fraud and murdering someone so RUN LIKE HELL!!

Partridge said:
You and your girlfriend are commercial pilots, working on your CFI, and between the two of you you can not come up with some questions to see if this guy is a poser?
That's the crux of the buscuit...combined, they probably possess barely enough aeronautical knowledge to pose a danger to themselves and society...so how could they be knowlegable enough to de-pose a poser?

Caveman said:
"I believe it is a federal offense to impersonate a military officer."

Uh oh. That can't be good for the Air Force folks.

So how many years as a military officer do you have, Mr Flamebait?

Lighten up Francis. It was a joke. Ya know, a little inter-service rivalry. Fury 220 managed to figure it out.

Last edited:
I believe the engines on the 141 are pure TURBOJET. Ask if they are high-bypass turbofan. Ask if it has slats (I don't think it does). Ask to see his ID card, he should be O-1 or O-2. Post a pic of this poser when you prove him wrong

There was this private pilot working on his instrument who would always show up to the flight school in a flight suit. He had nothing to do with the military and scored less than an 80 on his written after like 2-3 tries. Who knows what he told others while he wasn't on the premises.

You should invite him out to go do some partial panel localizer holds into approches. See how much of a pilot he is then.

NYCPilot said:
There was this private pilot working on his instrument who would always show up to the flight school in a flight suit. He had nothing to do with the military and scored less than an 80 on his written after like 2-3 tries. Who knows what he told others while he wasn't on the premises.

You should invite him out to go do some partial panel localizer holds into approches. See how much of a pilot he is then.

The military is big into the Attitude Indicator, if you failed it, he'd probably want to eject

viper548 said:
I believe the engines on the 141 are pure TURBOJET. Ask if they are high-bypass turbofan. Ask if it has slats (I don't think it does). Ask to see his ID card, he should be O-1 or O-2. Post a pic of this poser when you prove him wrong

C-141 is a low bypass turbofan I think. IL-76 is turbojet I believe though.

On a similar note, when I worked security for a biker rally over memorial day weekend, one of the guys i worked with mentioned being ex-navy, I cant remember the job title he was, but it sounded like it was the navy equivalent of the USAF enlisted air combat controller. On memorial day, he wore his hat from the Coral Sea with a few medals on it. I asked a few questions about his service, and where he served, sounded legit to me. Its not too hard to pick out a fake, some places he mentioned were various middle eastern countries, and then he made a comment about some cold war locations he could not mention.

What was interesting, was someone came up to him while I was there, and asked him "Are you ex SF? " (special forces). Maybe the bald head, big body and wrap around sunglasses gave it away, but still cool how those types can pick another out of a crowd.

If he is enlisted chances are he will know quite a bit of this information, even about the airplane. Just ask a BS aviation question like, "So how many ILS's do you use while on climb out? I only use 2 in my cessna but am dying to know about bigger airplanes like the 141!"

If worst comes to worst just call him out in front of everyone and see his reaction, it should give a pretty good indicator.

Latest resources

Back