is this guy a fraud???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Da Vinci

my girlfriend's friend has been dating a guy who claims to be a c141 pilot for the airforce. now me and my girlfriend are both comm. rated pilots working on our CFI's...so her friend has been asking us specific questions about this guys because she has a strong feeling he's NOT a pilot. he ALWAYS wears a pilot jump suit...i mean ALWAYS. any time he is in public he is wearing it...never seen him without it. he is 22, 5 feet tall and maybe 120 pounds. he appears to have no interest in airplanes-doesn't talk about them or even look up in the sky when on passes overhead. did i mention he ALWAYS wears a jump suit????
i did a quick check on line and found the min height requirment for the airforce to be about 5'4". any military guys help here....could a 22yr old be a pilot (co-pilot??) for a c141? isn't 5' too short?? is it common for military guys to never take off their jumpsuits-even on dates, movies, mall, dinner??? if a big jet or loud planes flys over head...neither me or my g-friend can help but look up...like an instinct...isn't that common for people who have an interest in planes...ie airforce pilots??? any trick questions she could ask that would make or break the case???

This guy sounds like a nutjob if he never takes his flight suit off. Even if he is a real pilot...that's insanity. Try asking him basic stuff like what kind of engines the 141 uses.

I think the wearing of the flight suit all the time gives it away!!! What self respecting pilot would wear a potato sack around all the time?

Sounds like another pathetic case of some goober trying to get laid.

One of my friends called me one day and told me she was dating a Lear 23 pilot. I didn't think the dude really flew a Lear23 (they don't exist). I checked his name in the Landings.com pilot database and nothing showed up. For the longest time she wouldn't believe me that he wasn't a pilot, she actually thought I was saying this because I was jealous. Well in the long run it turned out that he was a big ol'e fraud just using her for money and some loving.

I might have gotten the Lear # wrong for this post but I remember at the time that it was way off. I even went as far as to research Learjets at the library and there was no model # of the one I was looking for.

Da Vinci said:
my girlfriend's friend has been dating a guy who claims to be a c141 pilot for the airforce.
There are not many left. Most have been sent to the boneyard. Does this guy wear any rank or patches?

Latest resources

Back