• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

is this guy a fraud???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe it is a federal offense to impersonate a military officer. Point that fact out to him and see if he continues with this charade.

Last edited:
If he was trying to get something (base access, benefits, etc) out of it, then he'd have to worry. Doing it to impress a chick, while it may be sad, isn't illegal.

Da Vinci said:
Is it common for military guys to never take off their jumpsuits-even on dates, movies, mall, dinner???

Absoultely not.

You might see a guy stoping at the gas station to grab a carton of milk, but that's about it.

I always changed out of my flight suit as soon as I got home. That's if I hadn't changed before I left the airfield.

Nomex is hot, itchy, and not entirely comfortable. Mine were always sweaty in the summer, and somewhere between just plain dirty and outright filthy. Think of it like spending all your lesiure time in some old gym clothes.

This guy is deffinately a poser.

Ask him where he went to UPT and what squadron he was in. If the can't answer you off the top of his head in 20 seconds he is a fraud.

There is a fine line. Wearing it as a costume is one thing, but impersonating an Officer, for whatever the reason, is illegal. There was a guy in Pensacola that got away with it for a couple years, all to impress girls and gain friends. Full charges were pressed. I am sure if someone wanted to press the issue with this moron, he could get into trouble if he kept it up. As for if he is for real or not, HIGHLY DOUBTFUL. In this day an age all pilots have to be college graduates, and then it usually takes at least a year to two years before you end up at a plane like the 141. You do the math.....

Who says c0@kblocking isn't fun sometimes?

Da Vinci said:
my girlfriend's friend has been dating a guy who claims to be a c141 pilot for the airforce. now me and my girlfriend are both comm. rated pilots working on our CFI's...so her friend has been asking us specific questions about this guys because she has a strong feeling he's NOT a pilot. he ALWAYS wears a pilot jump suit...i mean ALWAYS. any time he is in public he is wearing it...never seen him without it. he is 22, 5 feet tall and maybe 120 pounds. he appears to have no interest in airplanes-doesn't talk about them or even look up in the sky when on passes overhead. did i mention he ALWAYS wears a jump suit????
i did a quick check on line and found the min height requirment for the airforce to be about 5'4". any military guys help here....could a 22yr old be a pilot (co-pilot??) for a c141? isn't 5' too short?? is it common for military guys to never take off their jumpsuits-even on dates, movies, mall, dinner??? if a big jet or loud planes flys over head...neither me or my g-friend can help but look up...like an instinct...isn't that common for people who have an interest in planes...ie airforce pilots??? any trick questions she could ask that would make or break the case???
Graduate HS Age 18
Graduate College, Age 22
Graduate UPT, Age 23
Ask where he went to college. Did he go thru ROTC or OTS? What base for UPT? T-6 or T-37? What unit at UPT? Where did he go for C-141 training? What 141 unit is he in? What rank is he? How long has he been in the AF?
I'd put my money on this guy being a fraud. He's too young. It's possible, but very unlikely. C-141's are on their way out the door, not many 141 units would even bother sending a new guy thru training, just to get retrained in another airframe a year or two from now. The flight suit is very uncomfortable, unless it's between 50-65 degrees outside. He would have had to have been in at least a year to go thru UPT, he would be over wearing his flight suit around everywhere.

I bet he's either a loadmaster or a flying crew chief if he's in the air force at all. If he isn't, he bought the flight suit at an army surplus store or off of ebay.

Keep us posted.

He also will not show up in the FAA database if he does not have a civil certificate, and Air Force pilots don't require them.

Ask to see his ID card.

SigAV8R said:
And Grizzly Adams DID have a beard. ;)

And there's a SALE at JC Penney's!

I actually got my pic taken with ol' Grizzly and Billy Beer Carter at the opening of the Longview, TX mall back in '79 while my sister was covering the event for a local TV station.

TonyC said:
He also will not show up in the FAA database if he does not have a civil certificate, and Air Force pilots don't require them.

Ask to see his ID card.

AF pilots can take a test and get a Commercial cert w/ inst rating along with BE-400 type rating. From what I hear, everyone takes the test.

Latest resources

Back