Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is the 'worm turning'? Could SWA finally be going international (Canada)?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WestJet used your business "model" and would have been a perfect partner for you, but they saw something else of value with DL. Their 737s have liveTV too and could have brought UP your product. Oh well, keep on truckin in ELP and LBB......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sounds like an awesome deal for DAL. Matter of fact, DAL should have West Jet do all the DAL flying. Now if only DAL management can get the rest of the DAL pilots to think like the General. More DAL flying going to someone else (just like the RJ flying ) and you see it as being good for you.

LOL...... Jealousy is an ugly thing GL!

So is your Mom!(just jokin---don't get all fired up) Hey, I am not jealous that you guys get to go to ELP, MAF, LBB, ISP, or HRL. You can have it. Your pay is pretty good, something that DL pilots need to improve on (your rates are thanks to DAL's C2K rates anyway---no way for you to deny that), but other than that you guys are really well paid regional pilots, flying 737s. No reason to be jealous about multiple leg days with 25 min turns also. Regardless, enjoy your trips----I do. I bet I can remember with fondness where I went 3 trips ago. All you can remember is that ELP was probably one of the stops---such a blur.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sounds like an awesome deal for DAL. Matter of fact, DAL should have West Jet do all the DAL flying. Now if only DAL management can get the rest of the DAL pilots to think like the General. More DAL flying going to someone else (just like the RJ flying ) and you see it as being good for you.

Can Westjet do all of DL's current Canada flying? Guess what? Currently RJs do the flying, and there are NO flights currently between LGA and Toronto (YYZ), where the first tie up is proposed. DL mainline hasn't flown to Canada (except YVR nonstop from ATL--too far for RJs) in years! Would it be nice to recapture some of that flying? You bet, and it may be in the works now that there might be a tie up. Maybe there will be DC9s thrown on some of the routes to YYZ from ATL etc. Without the agreement, it looks like RJs will continue.

It sure seems to me that your own management was not happy about this move by Westjet, since Kelly already doesn't trust you guys flying outside the contiguous 48 states. But hey, maybe you guys will announce new nonstop service from ELP to CLE and ISP! Go for it, it will probably be FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Yep, you are still an idiot!!

You still can't handle the TRUTH. (or understand it obviously) Try to back up what you say with an argument. Too bad you are afraid to.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why should anyone try to use truth when having a conversation with you, when the truth/logic mysteriously escapes everything you say?????

It'd be fine with me if we go hand WestJet their ass while Delta outsources MORE flying.

Gup

Arrogance knows no boundaries.....

Outsource Winnepeg all you want, I'll be in Prague next week, lemme know how it all goes for your codeshare dreams!!

So is your Mom!(just jokin---don't get all fired up) Hey, I am not jealous that you guys get to go to ELP, MAF, LBB, ISP, or HRL. You can have it. Your pay is pretty good, something that DL pilots need to improve on (your rates are thanks to DAL's C2K rates anyway---no way for you to deny that), but other than that you guys are really well paid regional pilots, flying 737s. No reason to be jealous about multiple leg days with 25 min turns also. Regardless, enjoy your trips----I do. I bet I can remember with fondness where I went 3 trips ago. All you can remember is that ELP was probably one of the stops---such a blur.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I am not all fired up. I agree with all of the above and that's not a bad thing.

To each his own, but with as much as you repeat the same thing over and over, one can only surmise that you are insanely jealous of WN guys.

I mean, WHY else would you repeat the same stuff, ad nauseum? Really, why do you care if I have LBB layovers (I haven't even landed there in a year or 2, much less overnighted)? You don't want to do it, great, you're not doing it. I don't mind them, since a hotel is a hotel is a hotel, and I am not at work to socialize or sightsee. I socialize on my days off and can sightsee on vacation on my own time.

International flying is over-rated. It's fun for a while, but in the end, I'll take my well paid, 12 day per month "regional" job (that covers the entire US) over 20+ years of sleep deprivation.

I am happy with my job at WN, and you say you're happy with yours, why not give it a rest? I shudder to think of what my life would be like had I gone to DAL in '98, but I'm glad your happy......

Oh, and I love ISP overnights. I've got free lunch in every direction (including my folks house) there. I wish I could get more of them!

Last edited:
General, you sound happy your company gave away more flying?

No kidding! General, why aren't you outraged with this? Haven't you guys given away enough flying already? Are you just numb to it now?

I for one am THRILLED that, for the time being anyway, we are still a NO CODESHARE company!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back