Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IS the SOUTHWEST FURLOUGH RUMOR TRUE????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YPF the dipchit still wont understan it. Again in English for you. I dont care what people say about SWA. I fly here and it pays more then a 145. Nuff said!

What is funny is how your question was answered several times and yet you still dont grasp the concept. Here you go again in English. If your inept little brain can comprehend it. Your question was about furlough. It was easily disproven.

Originally Posted by jtmpilot
DUDE the furlough rumor is not fact, but the rest i stated are facts! shrinking growth, Yet still growth..why cant you understand what you are saying here moron. MX issues, we still dont know the affect of this and wont for sometime deliverys deffered Yet still growing,15year upgrade this is just speculation...not sure what this has to do with a furlough though and I think it is closer to 10-12 years. Things change here very quick. We could be under 6 years this time next year you never know, and age 60 are all facts, hired over 60 only 40 applied hmmm retreads before the poolies The numbers are indicating only 24 have been offered a job and not all will take it...still has nothing to do with a furlough.....all are facts.Those are your facts that arent...i was trying to find out about the furlough rumor not create one, and you have been answered several times yet it still wont sink into that little head of yours... you just got pissed off for me asking??? yeah and im the crazy one!!NO just an idiot!

Last edited:
You're saying Southwest would knowingly run a class that they were gonna furlough? A typical SWA newhire is leaving a decent paying job to go work for SWA. You really think SWA is going to let these people leave their other jobs just to show up and be shown the door and be jobless? I call BS on this one

Your employer is just another US business that will do anything for a buck. To think that they have some sort of conscience about furloughing people is purely self-delusion.

The only reason SWA hasn't furloughed yet is because they have been able to avoid it and that is good for business, i.e., profits that eventually get rolled into the coffers of the executives and then you get the leftovers. SWA has not furloughed due to some sense of business ethics, it is utterly absurd to think such an ethics exist. If it makes money it must be good, that is all anyone uses too judge right from wrong, especially the executive branch of any business.

Having been, and still experiencing furlough myself, I certainly would not wish that on anyone. But I would strongly suggest, at least based on your comment, that you reevaluate your concepts about corporate America, even the great SWA.

VIXIN you are a true female and will never grasp what is being said!!!!!! SHRINKING growth!!! simply put that it has shrunk from what they estimated ....that is shrinking!!!!! yes its still growth, but it is also shrinking growth from expected.....someone else please help out here!!!!! or do they implant a chip in your head over there when your hired that shoots a electrical pulse when a negative thought enters your head......... MUST STAY POSITIVE....MUST STAY POSITIVE..... dont get me wrong thats a great attitude to have but dont wander around like a cult and loose your brain either!!!!!!!!!

Hey Whataburger,

With the furlough just around the corner does that mean another canoe trip? Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Still growth so why again would we furlough? The simple answer to your question lies in the question. Grasp that! Or try to anyway. I am far from a koolie believe me. Besides who ever said I was a chick. Once again you dont have the facts dumbass. Who is it you fly the mighty 145 for? Maybe I will leave the sinking ship for your outfit.:laugh:

Last edited:
I feel like I stumbled onto a 99's forum. This thread grows increasingly more stupid with the same responses over and over. We get it. SWA is only lucky to be here and I will be on the street soon while Gary Kelly, Herb, and Colleen take their spoils and live it up in San Pedro. Thank you for your prophetic commentary and truly clairvoyant revelation of the facts.

Facts are important, right? I recognize that some folks are enjoying our unfortunate encounter with Mr. Oberstar, the FAA, and CNN. Given our success and other's lack thereof, it is understandable. If I were in a compromised position as some are and have been, I would be looking for every bit of other's misery I could to make my existence seem more palatable. If it is any consolation, I don't like being employed by the greatest company to ever make a payroll. I would be much more comfortable in second or third.

This entire forum is like my wife walking down the street and seeing another beautiful woman only to rip her apart regarding how he looks. You know that whole conversation, right? "Who does she think she is?" "Who told her it's okay to wear that?" "Bitch!" All said about someone she knows nothing about. That's right folks, were a bunch of chicks. If it weren't for anonymity and the entertainment value, I would have checked out of this tool shed a long time ago.

p. s. I would like to apologize to Vixin if I have disrupted your tender sensibilities.

actually i fly cargo and its a mighty MD11. now back to your light twin.......... and with a name like vixin ..if your a guy that explains all i need to know

I think SW is a great company it was one of my top choices until cargo came knocking... so i did not start the thread to bash SWA. I admire their operation and ONCE AGAIN only stated facts and was asking for input on a rumor... i understand most rumors are not real, but Vixin you jumped right in to ""how dare someone bash my company!!!"" I never bashed it or even said it was falling apart, i simply inquired about something i heard...... now you can go back to your light twin.......(in case thats hard to read into for you....that is bashing you !!! not SWA)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back