Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IS the SOUTHWEST FURLOUGH RUMOR TRUE????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not True??

The retiree already has full paid medical benefits. Why would they want COBRA? I call BS on this also. Nice try.

I didn't think this was true, unless you count sick leave and medicare...... Have they started paying retiree medical now, becuase traditionally this was a defecit compared to the pre bankrupt legacy contracts.
Luv

I have no dog in this fight, but do you people really believe that an AIRLINE wouldn't run a class only to furlough it? Surely I'm not the only one with this experience.

Southwest may be very different from other airlines, but it's still an airline.

I didn't think this was true, unless you count sick leave and medicare...... Have they started paying retiree medical now, becuase traditionally this was a defecit compared to the pre bankrupt legacy contracts.
Luv

They need 600 sick trips in the bank when they retire. Then the benefits are paid by cashing those in. Most if not all will have well over that amount. So th health care is provided through 65.

IF by any means there is some silly truth to this, I bet they'd offer voluntary LOAs first before they would force someone to furlough.

What the heck is going on??? Heard from a buddy that SWA might furlough due to growth shrinking and the fallout from the maintenance issues?????

You should have saved this for April Fools' Day! :p

No one furloughs due to shrinking GROWTH (the operative word here). You furlough when the company SHRINKS (e.g. not GROWING). See the difference?

Buddy said that is to get the retirees a number on the list before the furlough for medical options, so they can get COBRA until they are 65... hes a check airmen there and says it will be announced soon....

What the HECK!!!!!!!!!!!

Check Airman at SWA are just as far removed from the hiring process as any other line pilot is. If this came from a Chief Pilot, a People Dept. Pilot Recruiter, or the Manager of Pilot Hiring, then I would investigate further. IMHO this is BS even if a Check Airman said it.

Latest resources

Back