Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IS the SOUTHWEST FURLOUGH RUMOR TRUE????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vixin said they were not facts and dreamt up by me...... if i could dream up those type of things i would be rich by playing the market

all are facts!!!!!!! just trying to find out about the furlough rumor....as i stated in the post title and numerous times in the postings......... man there are some ****************************** bags who cant read on here

My buddy said that this option has been discussed, but a few things have to go down. If they have to park those jets with mx issues. If ATA goes T.U. then they will lose some code share rev. Not to mention that oil is pushing $110/bbl. He said it isn't likely, but he aslo said, who expected $110 oil.

There have been no rumors or any information about furloughs. Not even a tiny rumor in any base I've been through. Someone's pulling your chain....

most useless thread ever.
This thread is stupid.

I believe that is what you might call denial.

Here are some facts:

LUV stock peacked about eight years ago and has been in a slow steady decline ever since. That's after almost doubling the size of the company and buying back $1.8 billion worth of stock. You're working twice as hard for half the return. Your business model might just have run it's course.

Herb and Colleen are retiring this year.

Oil closed above $108 today.

The economy is in recession.

Gary has said something to the efect that turning a profit is like #5 on his list of priorities. Can you say famous last words?

Imagine if you can that this summer Herb and Colleen retire, oil tops $120, demand drops off and the owners of the company decide to replace mangement with someone who can earn them a decent return on their money.

Draw your own conclusions, but I stopped updating my application awhile ago.

Here are some facts:

LUV stock peacked about eight years ago and has been in a slow steady decline ever since. That's after almost doubling the size of the company and buying back $1.8 billion worth of stock. You're working twice as hard for half the return. Your business model might just have run it's course.

Gary has said something to the efect that turning a profit is like #5 on his list of priorities. Can you say famous last words?

Imagine if you can that this summer Herb and Colleen retire, oil tops $120, demand drops off and the owners of the company decide to replace mangement with someone who can earn them a decent return on their money.

FINALLY, someone else with the willpower to kick the kool-aid addiction and use some common sense on a SWA thread!!!

Here are some facts:

$120 this summer? Are you out of our mind? At the rate we're going, your looking at $120 by April.

p.s. You just vilolated the first rule of FI. "Thou shout not speak any ill-will toward, or negative truths about SWA." Sorry my man...it's the "third rail" of pilot message boards.

Latest resources

Back