Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IS the SOUTHWEST FURLOUGH RUMOR TRUE????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jtmpilot

What the heck is going on??? Heard from a buddy that SWA might furlough due to growth shrinking and the fallout from the maintenance issues?????

Buddy said that is to get the retirees a number on the list before the furlough for medical options, so they can get COBRA until they are 65... hes a check airmen there and says it will be announced soon....

What the HECK!!!!!!!!!!!

You're saying Southwest would knowingly run a class that they were gonna furlough? A typical SWA newhire is leaving a decent paying job to go work for SWA. You really think SWA is going to let these people leave their other jobs just to show up and be shown the door and be jobless? I call BS on this one

I call BS on this one also. They have been scaling back their growth since last summer accordingly. That is why we've been swimming the pool so long. SWA management is the most cautious out there. I highly doubt they'd run 3 classes if that were the case.

The retiree already has full paid medical benefits. Why would they want COBRA? I call BS on this also. Nice try.

You're saying Southwest would knowingly run a class that they were gonna furlough? A typical SWA newhire is leaving a decent paying job to go work for SWA. You really think SWA is going to let these people leave their other jobs just to show up and be shown the door and be jobless? I call BS on this one

Midway did. If memory serves me right, there was a new hire class that started about a week prior to them filing for Chapter 11. Ferguson didn't plan that (i.e. the bankruptcy filing) overnight. They let people leave there jobs, buy new houses, and move their families to Raleigh, only to be furloughed and hung out to dry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that SWA has YET to furlough a SINGLE pilot. Even after 9/11 they maintained their entire workforce, then grew shortly thereafter.
It really is a people company (or has been).

Latest resources

Back