Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TheGuppyKiller said:
Enlighten me then!

I dont believe you dont know this, but just in case...

What certificate is the 170 division on?
What seniority list are all of the 170 pilots on?
I say division because there is no such thing as MDA.
What call sign does "MDA" use?
Look on the side of a US 170, it says "MDA operated by US AIRWAYS".
The ops specs do not say MDA they say the 170 division of Airways.
All pilots are paid by Airways, again no such entity as MDA.
What Union "represents" the 170 pilots?
We lost the arbitration because the judge ruled that selling the 170 did not constitute 20% of the airways fleet, thus it was not a change in control of the Division, just a sale.
In the same preceedings, management testified under oath that all pilots at the division are in fact US AIRWAYS pilots
When the 170's go, the pilots recieve furlough notices from Airways placing them back on the APL list.
There is more, but that requires much more typing than I am willing to do.
Please remember the whole MDA thing was started under the premis that it would be a WO carrier with its own certificate. That never happened.

bigbird said:
OK instead I will take a job at colgan for 15k a year. Any suggestions?

21k a year at colgan. where you getting 15? still sucks but better than 15

suupah said:
21k a year at colgan. where you getting 15? still sucks but better than 15

Maybe he meant Great Lakes Airlines, ohh wait, they only make 13,500 and get a dollar perdiem...now that's sad. And they have to sign a contract.

He's reeling you in!

TheGuppyKiller said:
I want one of a 737 with a circle and stripe through it.

It is generally accepted that bait should have at least a shred of subtlety. D- at best. The only reason you did not receive a failing grade is that your fake profile is well crafted and there is the possibility that some of the more naive might not pick up that you are not one of the pilots you are trying to disparage. Consider the D- a gift and keep trying.

Either way wer dont have a choice.. Unless you find a needle in a haystack and get some great corporate gig right away, you have to fly at a regional. I cant think of many other regionals I would rather be at other then republic flying the 170. I am going there to build time. I would rather build time in a 170 than a Beech 1900.. Captain pay on the 170 is a hell of alot more than Im making now. Regionals are time builders not careers!

TheGuppyKiller said:
Enlighten me then!

TheGuppyKiller is Rhoid, 410Dude, IHaveAPension, RJDC, the Guat, Freight Nazi, TheMissingLink, etc, etc.....:smash: :rolleyes:

and to answer the question from the poster, I have no clue about republic. People I talk to have no problems with it so...CURRENTLY its soley Airways but on the shuttle side, our planes say operated by and in blue tape is shuttle america and you can see under the tape the R and P for Republic..... I guess the writing is on the wall to all be 1 company (my 2 cents of course I could be wrong)

AvroGuy said:
Why do you all rag so bad on Republic and why do you say they are taking mainline flying. They aren't gong to be gettng the 190 from the latest US airways press releases. They fly 70 seat airplanes that look more like a main line plane. They are still seventy seat airplanes. why not rag on, say, American Eagle for the 70 seaters, or maybe Comair. How about ASA and Skywest, don't they all have 70 seathers.
I was flying an airplane that could carry 85-90 people, but no one ever bad mouth us about it. We flew it as a 69 seat airplane. Is that the magic number to keep people from griping at you.

Or is this gripe about the first year pay scale. No airline regional or mainline has a good first year pay. Show me one that is comperable to the second year and I will say you are right. I think the one that comes the closest is SWA. IF you see somewhere else, they most likely in bankrupsy and not hiring with pilots on furlough.

Good wade, I would say Republic is good for the second year, but like anywhere else first year sucks and training sucks even more. I actually turned down a class date on 03-27-06 last week for the E-170. I found a place that will better fit my quality of life needs and pay is a little better and training pay is much better. Now I have a class date of 04-17-06.

Thank god someone else finally posted this. I've been saying the same thing on here about how 70 seats is 70 seats. Who cares what it looks like. Good luck at your new job Avro. Would have been nice to have had you here at Republic but glad you found something that works better for you.

AvroGuy said:
Why do you all rag so bad on Republic and why do you say they are taking mainline flying. They aren't gong to be gettng the 190 from the latest US airways press releases. They fly 70 seat airplanes that look more like a main line plane. They are still seventy seat airplanes. why not rag on, say, American Eagle for the 70 seaters, or maybe Comair. How about ASA and Skywest, don't they all have 70 seathers.
I was flying an airplane that could carry 85-90 people, but no one ever bad mouth us about it. We flew it as a 69 seat airplane. Is that the magic number to keep people from griping at you.

Or is this gripe about the first year pay scale. No airline regional or mainline has a good first year pay. Show me one that is comperable to the second year and I will say you are right. I think the one that comes the closest is SWA. IF you see somewhere else, they most likely in bankrupsy and not hiring with pilots on furlough.

Good wade, I would say Republic is good for the second year, but like anywhere else first year sucks and training sucks even more. I actually turned down a class date on 03-27-06 last week for the E-170. I found a place that will better fit my quality of life needs and pay is a little better and training pay is much better. Now I have a class date of 04-17-06.

Thank god someone else finally posted this. I've been saying the same thing on here about how 70 seats is 70 seats. Who cares what it looks like. Look at Air Whisky's 146's. How many seats do those have?

Good luck at your new job Avro. Would have been nice to have had you here at Republic but glad you found something that works better for you.

Latest resources

Back