Is republic a good airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB170Pilot said:
on the shuttle side, our planes say operated by and in blue tape is shuttle america and you can see under the tape the R and P for Republic..... I guess the writing is on the wall to all be 1 company (my 2 cents of course I could be wrong)

I noticed that even the newest S5 ship for DL has the "Republic" covered by the "Shuttle America" sticker. If had been a short term "fix" when they didn't know which certificate the DL flying would be on I'd get it...but ALL the S5 planes have "Republic" under the sticker...hmmmm.

Republic was a great airline until NW bought it.

Can't say much for this thing flying around with the "Brickyard" callsign, but it sure isn't the Republic I know.

The Air Wisconsin BAC jets had 86-100 seats depending on the model (200 or 300). Nobody complained about us flying them because we were the US launch customer for the aircraft and they have been on property (correction, WERE) since 1984 (give or take a year).

bigbird said:
Either way wer dont have a choice.. Unless you find a needle in a haystack and get some great corporate gig right away, you have to fly at a regional. I cant think of many other regionals I would rather be at other then republic flying the 170. I am going there to build time. I would rather build time in a 170 than a Beech 1900.. Captain pay on the 170 is a hell of alot more than Im making now. Regionals are time builders not careers!

LOL, you'r so cute.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back