• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is republic a good airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not saying that you should do that. Just don't accept 22/hour as "good pay".

I dont think is good pay.. But in the next couple years it goes up and is decent. Use the regionals to build time and move on.

Yea Repubic is a great place to work if you like being an indentured servant. The airlines sink to new lows every year.

An indentured servant is a labourer under contract to work (for a specified amount of time) for another person or a company/corporation, often without any monetary pay, but in exchange for accommodation, food, other essentials, training, or passage to a new country. After working for the term of the contract (traditionally seven years) the servant was then free to farm or take up trade of his own. The term comes from the medieval English "indenture of retainer" — a contract written in duplicate on the same sheet, with the copies separated by cutting along a jagged (toothed, hence the term "indenture") line so that the teeth of the two parts could later be refitted to confirm authenticity.
It was the legal basis of the apprenticeship system by which skilled trades were learned.
Indentured servitude is not identical with involuntary servitude and slavery.
There have been multiple occasions where the indentured servitude has been abused, an example, where an indentured servant needs goods or services not available or supplied at a cost within the terms of the indenture finds that to obtain such goods or services requires the period of their indenture to be extended. In these circumstances, the system can represent a form ofunfree labour.

Kinda makes you look like an fool for signing a training contract.

your wrong. the worst major is still ten times better then the best regional. There are those that get it, and those that don't.

Why do you all rag so bad on Republic and why do you say they are taking mainline flying. They aren't gong to be gettng the 190 from the latest US airways press releases. They fly 70 seat airplanes that look more like a main line plane. They are still seventy seat airplanes. why not rag on, say, American Eagle for the 70 seaters, or maybe Comair. How about ASA and Skywest, don't they all have 70 seathers.
I was flying an airplane that could carry 85-90 people, but no one ever bad mouth us about it. We flew it as a 69 seat airplane. Is that the magic number to keep people from griping at you.

Or is this gripe about the first year pay scale. No airline regional or mainline has a good first year pay. Show me one that is comperable to the second year and I will say you are right. I think the one that comes the closest is SWA. IF you see somewhere else, they most likely in bankrupsy and not hiring with pilots on furlough.

Good wade, I would say Republic is good for the second year, but like anywhere else first year sucks and training sucks even more. I actually turned down a class date on 03-27-06 last week for the E-170. I found a place that will better fit my quality of life needs and pay is a little better and training pay is much better. Now I have a class date of 04-17-06.

Last edited:
AvroGuy said:
Why do you all rag so bad on Republic and why do you say they are taking mainline flying. They aren't gong to be gettng the 190 from the latest US airways press releases. They fly 70 seat airplanes that look more like a main line plane. They are still seventy seat airplanes. why not rag on, say, American Eagle for the 70 seaters, or maybe Comair. How about ASA and Skywest, don't they all have 70 seathers.

They are taking Ml flying because a few days ago I ferried one of the US Airways 170's to PIT so it can be delivered to Rep. So this 170 was ML now its Republic. I dont think it can be more clear.

As far as seat counts it's not as clear, because of a bunch of reasons the small rj's were allowed to be outsourced. Then, they were stretched to hold more people, this allowed them to remain under the radar of many heads up their yazzoo ML mec members. The 170 however is a different animal, even though the seat count is similar the aircraft itself is much larger, and as such finally clued the ML in to what was taking place with the flying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back