• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is republic a good airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
70 seats is 70 seats. No matter what type of airplane it is. How about those CRJ9's buzzing around CLT that hold 86 people. I guess that's ok because it's a CRJ. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

BlackPilot628 said:
70 seats is 70 seats. No matter what type of airplane it is. How about those CRJ9's buzzing around CLT that hold 86 people. I guess that's ok because it's a CRJ. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

In fact its not OK and the US MEC has a grievance pending to stop it.

I was wondering when somebody was going to mention the 86 seaters. What did the Fokkers used to carry? If we are going to pick on REP, then (if this is an Airways thing) we should also pick on PSA....you guys have the big/bad 70 seater too! Come on Boiler.....whatcha got ;-)

BoilerUP said:
Hey man, I'm flying the original 50 seat lawn dart at AWAC, leave me outta this!
:D

OOOoooo, my mistake.....hey I think there is a thread claiming that you guys are a new low cost carrier.......good luck with that :D

Tell me you didnt get ORF

8HourPilot said:
OOOoooo, my mistake.....hey I think there is a thread claiming that you guys are a new low cost carrier.......good luck with that :D

Tell me you didnt get ORF

If by "low cost" they mean the company wants B scales for growth (as if that doesn't sound familiar), then sure...

I actually bid ORF so I could hold a line, but its PHL for me come May. The two leg commute sucks, but I have family in Va Beach and its better than sitting on their couch watching TV for free than in a PHL crashpad. Yes, I'm very lucky :D

Are you serious BigBird?

Your thought process is killing this industry... Can you explain to me where you plan to go after you "build time" at Republic? Please enlighten us!

Are YOU serious? I can think of about 100 places to apply to that are much better careers than a regional... Tons of good corporations out there, NetJets, CAL, other fractionals, Southwest, Jetblue, and whatever other major airlines is out there. The worst major airline is better than working at a regional. Just make a career out of a regional, you will be one last person Ill be competing with at better jobs.

PS- YOUR thought process is killing the regional industry. So enlighten me on your idea of a flying career. Please

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back