• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Mesaba the next Newco?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, anyone feel like starting a thread on rumors that Mesaba might be Newco? WAIT A TICK, this thread is about Mesaba and Newco!

In other words, yes we're all going to he||, our jobs are all going away, if you work for a regional and weren't born in a mainline uniform you suck, yada yada yada.

Either start a new thread on those topics or go reread the thousands of posts that are already there!!!

Think back to your writing courses in college . . . remember when the word SCOPE had meaning outside of an airline contract?

The SCOPE of this thread is Mesaba and Newco. Now let's get back to the wild speculation and unsubstantiated rumors.

Now it sounds like scope and the future of NEWCO, XJ and 9E won't be decided until atleast January 06. NW ALPA MEC just reached a TA with the company. The took care of several big issues. But scope and small jet flying were placed on the back burner to be negotiated another day...

Tank,

You must work for Pinnacle with the "if I'm the cheapest nobody can take my job" mentality. I also served 6 years in the Marine Corps, and I'm shocked that you don't have the backbone to fight when it's necessary. To answer some of your questions, a national union is one big solution. ALPA national isn't doing what it was designed to do. With national representation, whipsawing and undercutting would disappear. Two regionals with the same carrier couldn't harm each other because they wouldn't be allowed to. A national union needs to take control of the individual MEC's and start acting like a centralized union. The US federal law is the law of the land, even over the rights of the individual states. Just imagine what the US would look like if each state was allowed to negotiate their own treaties or wage their own wars? The federal government took those rights away from the states during its conception. Likewise ALPA needs to take the same approach if we are to stand united. Until that happens, pilots like Tank will continue to try to be the cheapest guy on the block. When you negotiate your contract Tank, don't worry about scope. When your the cheapest contract you don't need scope, it's only those around you that do.

NEWCO is going to be _ _ _ _ p i o n

Heard it straight from the Feds there will be no new certificate out of the CMO. Closest FSDO ABLE TO DO the work is in Chicago. But it would take years. Newco is not going to be any of the commuters it is going to be a seperate company most likely Champion Air. Heard it from the Feds. All NWA furloughs will go to the bottem of the list. We all no Champion is not owned by NWA and has no legal ties like the other companies that have NW Paint jobs. They even sent Ed over to XJ to get some scheduled experience as a DO before they send him back to Champion. By the way why do you think Champion managment brought in the NMB so early in the negoiation process at _ _ _ _ p i o n

n5374f said:
Heard it straight from the Feds there will be no new certificate out of the CMO. Closest FSDO ABLE TO DO the work is in Chicago. But it would take years. Newco is not going to be any of the commuters it is going to be a seperate company most likely Champion Air. Heard it from the Feds. All NWA furloughs will go to the bottem of the list. We all no Champion is not owned by NWA and has no legal ties like the other companies that have NW Paint jobs. They even sent Ed over to XJ to get some scheduled experience as a DO before they send him back to Champion. By the way why do you think Champion managment brought in the NMB so early in the negoiation process at _ _ _ _ p i o n

It doesn't have to be a certificate out of the CMO. Yes, NWA is CMO, XJ and 9E are not. They could easily slide it over to one of those and don't think for a minute that a FSDO wouldn't be able to handle it. It's completely political on the FSDO level, and they will do as much politicing and backstabbing as anyone else to get the business. If you think a NEWCO won't go to a regional due to a simple lack of staffing at a FSDO, you're grossly misinformed. BTW, getting a new certificate does not take years, not sure where you got that from. If parties work together, you can have a new certificate in under 8 months (Ask Mesa, they have made numerous new 121 certificates in a very short time, last one I know of took under 8 months.) I've heard a lot from the feds too, and you can't trust them either. If you are taking stock tips, I suggest Tyco Industries or Enron, at least that's what the last FSDO fed told me.

You must be a Mesaba Pilot

Sorry to hut your feelings but if you think my info is wrong ask Ed Davidson he knows what he was told. I'm sorry your airline will not be the NEWCO and your company will end up like Enron but look at the bright side you can always get a job at Mesa. NW is ready to throw the axe at your company they only need one commuter and they can't get around the NWA scope clause the only way it can be done is with an outside airline such as Champion that already flys big iron. The Barbie jets are history, don't you read the wall street journal and the New York Times. RJ's are dead and are going away. Low cost carries flying big iron are going to be the new commuters. Why do you think the big carriers are dumping the commuters. Sorry to burst your bubble. The DC9 will be replaced with the mini airbus or the A319

Btw

Will take at least a year to get a new certificate, and that would be a year from coming out of Chapter 11, 13, 7 or what ever I have never heard of the DOT granting approval for a new airlines that the owners are in Chapter 7, 11, 13 etc............... You are an RJ driver and know more then me anyway.

n5374f said:
Sorry to hut your feelings but if you think my info is wrong ask Ed Davidson he knows what he was told. I'm sorry your airline will not be the NEWCO and your company will end up like Enron but look at the bright side you can always get a job at Mesa. NW is ready to throw the axe at your company they only need one commuter and they can't get around the NWA scope clause the only way it can be done is with an outside airline such as Champion that already flys big iron. The Barbie jets are history, don't you read the wall street journal and the New York Times. RJ's are dead and are going away. Low cost carries flying big iron are going to be the new commuters. Why do you think the big carriers are dumping the commuters. Sorry to burst your bubble. The DC9 will be replaced with the mini airbus or the A319

I think this single post contains more flamebait than any other flighinfo post in history. NEWCO, Enron, Mesa, scope, "Barbie jets", DC-9 replacement, etc... This post has it all!

P.S. Just in case you're actually serious, then I suggest you get back on your meds. I'd bet next year's salary that Champion won't receive a single plane for the NEWCO operation.

Regional4life said:
It doesn't have to be a certificate out of the CMO. Yes, NWA is CMO, XJ and 9E are not. They could easily slide it over to one of those and don't think for a minute that a FSDO wouldn't be able to handle it. It's completely political on the FSDO level, and they will do as much politicing and backstabbing as anyone else to get the business. If you think a NEWCO won't go to a regional due to a simple lack of staffing at a FSDO, you're grossly misinformed. BTW, getting a new certificate does not take years, not sure where you got that from. If parties work together, you can have a new certificate in under 8 months (Ask Mesa, they have made numerous new 121 certificates in a very short time, last one I know of took under 8 months.) I've heard a lot from the feds too, and you can't trust them either. If you are taking stock tips, I suggest Tyco Industries or Enron, at least that's what the last FSDO fed told me.

The Fed's don't just hand out 121 certificates anymore. They now have a certification team that operates out of D.C. and the process is a royal pain. Ask Republic.

Latest resources

Back