Is Mesaba the next Newco?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dbrownie said:
How can ALPA stop anything from happening that the company wants to do that is legal?

We have "walked" before; how many times have you "walked"?

You can't just "walk" because your pissed. Remember Americans' union that got fined?

They are going to mess with all the red tails they can...
It is in the lawyers hands now...

Dave B

There are ways to stop this...we just need to think out of the box....The red tail unionS could band togther and set a average wage that we will all agree to work at..seeing as we are all in negotiations at the same time. Basically we need some form of brand scoping. Except to do this the senior guys would have to give up more pay and benefits and we would have to agree to sizable cuts for Mgmt to agree to a solution that will give us more power in the future.

whaleroast said:
You guys are like a bunch of old women.
Ever see Steel Magnolia's? You guys are them. Who wants to be Weezer?
Go pop your zits and comb the hair on your Barbie doll.
You have no control over this situation.
Shut up and numb the pain.

You seem to know a little too much about this chick flick, Nancy.

I've heard through the grapevine that XJ will have 70 - 70seaters, 50 - 50seaters and the 49 Saabs when this is all done. Anyone else heard this?

Fermented Grapes

screwed_again said:
I've heard through the grapevine that XJ will have 70 - 70seaters, 50 - 50seaters and the 49 Saabs when this is all done. Anyone else heard this?

I think whatever grapevine you've been listening/drinking from has been ripening for a very long time. "These grapes taste funny!... they make my cheeks warm."

I sure would love to believe you and I DO hope it's true but I don't think anyone can say such things with confidence right now. Nice try.

Cya,

CP
Believing in a Higher Power than Steenlund, Foley, Spandex or something with spaghetti.

ClippedWings said:
I heard the same rumor but it was 70 70 seater crj, 70 50 seater crj, and 49 saabs.

If its true great, but who really cares if we have to fly them for substandard wages.

You do. It's called employment. Until you have the PIC time to make the big move over to the bottom of someone else's seniority list like SWA or some other airline that pays half-ass decent wage. Thats the way the game is played. If we don't like it, we can take our balls and go home. Their are hundreds, thousands that are waiting to play. Unfortunately

Tank Commander,

Nice defeatest attitude. I'll fly for free because if I don't someone else will. Your type makes me sick. It will stop when people grow a pair and say they won't do it anymore. If your pilot group says no, I highly doubt that the company will be able to hire all of those CFI's and train them in time to matter. Only you have the last word on what you do at your company. Don't let the people behind you influence the decision in front of you. Until pilots step up and take a stand your attitude, and those that share it, will continue to kill this industry.

Oh ya, unless your living some place a little brighter than I am there is no other places to go after you build your time. Unless you haven't read the paper lately, the MAJORS AREN'T HIRING! Bottom line is our industry will continue to be destroyed until we outlaw stupidity.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back