Is Mesaba the next Newco?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
n5374f said:
But it would take years. Newco is not going to be any of the commuters it is going to be a seperate company most likely Champion Air. Heard it from the Feds

The "Feds" can't find their asses with both hands. I wouldn't believe anything they say.

Newco is a wet dream, the newest one is Groundco. they will replace ALL operations at all airports (exept hubs) with new employees.

Dave B

n5374f said:
Sorry to hut your feelings but if you think my info is wrong ask Ed Davidson he knows what he was told. I'm sorry your airline will not be the NEWCO and your company will end up like Enron but look at the bright side you can always get a job at Mesa. NW is ready to throw the axe at your company they only need one commuter and they can't get around the NWA scope clause the only way it can be done is with an outside airline such as Champion that already flys big iron. The Barbie jets are history, don't you read the wall street journal and the New York Times. RJ's are dead and are going away. Low cost carries flying big iron are going to be the new commuters. Why do you think the big carriers are dumping the commuters. Sorry to burst your bubble. The DC9 will be replaced with the mini airbus or the A319

WOW!!! I guess I must have pissed in your cheerios. BTW, you aren't hurting my feelings at all, yes I work at Mesaba, no, I'm not a RJDriver. But, since it seems you have dinner with Ed every night, I must be wrong. I didn't say anything about NEWCO ending up here, It's possible, but I don't think it will. All I was trying to say was that NEWCO doesn't have to go under CMO, it could go to a FSDO. For that matter, MESA very well could come in and be the NEWCO. They only need one commuter? Interesting thought, seeing as how Delta got burned in the 6 with that thought process. Do you really see Majors only having one commuter anymore? The stupid part is being a regional airline that is tied to ONE major. Boy, you really got me on the fact that the Avro's are going away. You are right, how could I be so blind that NWA would want to keep a gas drinking, non-profitable airplane around. It's no secret that they are going away, you don't have to be able to read to see that one. It's a question of when, not if. And I prefer those pop up books to the walls street journal anyways. Us lowly drivers that don't fly "The Big Iron" can't read anyways. Scope clause? . . Chapter 11? Anything is possible for the right deal. But hey, keep throwing your bait out there. My left testicale just blew up from laughing so hard. Maybe if I was intelligent enough to fly the big iron, I'd go to the hospital. But I don't so cheap whiskey, open fire, and a dull knife will work for me!

r4life,

every once in a while I laugh out loud from reading this board.....thank you

Latest resources

Back