Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Flexjet having a problem finding pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dont forget dirty, people can leave behind you and it still counts twords attrition. Listen its simple, they are a horrible company in business for themself and they dont care about you. they will never be more than 100-120 planes. they will cut you anytime business gets tough, and until you unionize you will never get the workrules and pay you deserve. I say this not being a union guy either. I am for the company in most instances, however i know the environment over there and if you contend its anything other than bad then you just havent touched other possibilities.

dont forget dirty, people can leave behind you and it still counts twords attrition. Listen its simple, they are a horrible company in business for themself and they dont care about you. they will never be more than 100-120 planes. they will cut you anytime business gets tough, and until you unionize you will never get the workrules and pay you deserve. I say this not being a union guy either. I am for the company in most instances, however i know the environment over there and if you contend its anything other than bad then you just havent touched other possibilities.

OUCH !!!!

I have been here a short time but I haven't seen anything like what you are describing.

Netflier is just running his mouth.... one who bad mouths another is just envious of them. Grass is Greeer theory? I have been with Flex for a long while and Love it here.... There will always be something to bitch about, this is a job!! But management takes care of its crewmembers.... Netjets care more about quantity...and how many pilots we have!! Let us only grow to 120 jets, because quality is what retains Owners, just ask those that left Netjets for the service offered at Flexjet.

I don't think that is a problem at jut flex or nja. I think that is a problem across the board. First, regional pay is far less than flex and nja. Second, as far as basing issues, it's a fact of life, either you move to a base or commute. Can't really commute with Flex or nja so move.

Actually, all pilots at NJA "commute". The domicile is just a place where you get on an airliner to wherever your NJA aircraft is (could well be a thousand or two thousand miles away) and it's also where your potentially long airline trek home ends. In other words, you are a professional airline passenger a good part of the time, you are "commuting" a good part of the time, regardless.

Netflier is just running his mouth.... one who bad mouths another is just envious of them. Grass is Greeer theory? I have been with Flex for a long while and Love it here.... There will always be something to bitch about, this is a job!! But management takes care of its crewmembers.... Netjets care more about quantity...and how many pilots we have!! Let us only grow to 120 jets, because quality is what retains Owners, just ask those that left Netjets for the service offered at Flexjet.

Agree with the running mouth comment. No matter where you work there will be guys who hate it, love it, or are somewhere in between. And ALL companies are in business for themselves. To say otherwise is beyond stupid.

Flex could be better. I'd like to see our pay and bennies be brought in line with NJ's and CS's. I'd like to order my food instead of suffering whatever crap Scarechef sends me for lunch. However, it wasn't so long ago that NJ's pilots were wishing they had our payscale, and much of what I'd like to see happen at Flex is well on it's way.

I find it interesting that those who continually run down my company are usually of the union variety. I sometimes think they only want us to unionize so that they can play one company against the other in bidding wars over our services. That worked wonders for the airlines didn't it?

How 'bout you be happy with your job, and if I'm happy with mine then let me be.

Oh yeah, the business about 1.5 year upgrades is questionable at best, as is any info garnered from the experts at our training center.

I doubt this info is coming from the training center. Maybe after one of the lunches with RH but not a training center guy coming up with this on his own. As far as upgrades, it is running just under 2 years, but that is sure to change as well. You just never know in this business.

Grass is greener huh?

We have plenty of former Flex owners flying QS tails as well my friend...

If you want to get into a pissing match of "my company is better than your company" then let me throw this out at you. If the "quality," as you call it, at NetJets is SOOO bad, why do we own more than 70% of the market share? It is the brand. People brag to their friends about all the great experiences they have flying with our crews, on our planes, that we are being forced to grow at exponential rates.

Sounds to me that the quality at NetJets is exceptional.

Our passengers do not buy into our respective programs just to get from A to B. They want the prestige of flying on our planes. They want the first class service we ALL provide whether it be NJA, Flex, CS, FLOPS, etc...

Disclaimer: This post is not intended as "we are better than you"

I'm glad I have never started the "Flex being better than NJA" conversation.

Hi!

"Ohhh the prestige of flying" on a Falcon 2000, or a Falcon 7X, or a Gulfstream 450/550 or a BBJ.

Wait, I thought it WAS prestigious to fly on something like a BBJ/Gulfstream/Big Falcon, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Most people can't even afford to fly on a jet of ANY, size, so yes, it IS prestigious to fly on ANY jet, not to mention a large, expensive one, like NetJets has.

I've also heard that Flex is getting the Global Express.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back