Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Flexjet having a problem finding pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've also heard that Flex is getting the Global Express.

cliff
YIP

cool......NJA is gettin the new space shuttle too........

in other words....who cares.....as long as pilots are fighting like this our salaries and qol will go down....keep it up...i knew there was nothing but company men here....

I dunno about shortage. A buddy of mine did an online app and sent Karen a resume all to no avail. Not a peep.

300 is just another pilot that came from the freight industry that flex stole in the early stages of starting up and now had made some friends in management and only thinks of himself.

i have been there, i have done the 18 hour duty days. i have seen the pressure from the management to get the got done, putting safety last. i have stayed in all the holiday inn expresses, i have seen my benefits cut, pay frozen, ate the crappy crew meals ect.

its not a "run of the mouth" 300 its the facts, undisputed.

its not if netjets is a better company, guys are asking if Flexjets is the place to be and I am saying "NO". even if our upgrades were 4 years here and flex was 6 months, i would still say "NO".

your growth is limited, your pilot leadership sucks, your planes are great, tis all you gotti. now finish up that 6 days on and 3 days off 300. Union will lead you down the proper path.

300 is just another pilot that came from the freight industry that flex stole in the early stages of starting up and now had made some friends in management and only thinks of himself.

i have been there, i have done the 18 hour duty days. i have seen the pressure from the management to get the got done, putting safety last. i have stayed in all the holiday inn expresses, i have seen my benefits cut, pay frozen, ate the crappy crew meals ect.

its not if netjets is a better company, guys are asking if Flexjets is the place to be and I am saying "NO". even if our upgrades were 4 years here and flex was 6 months, i would still say "NO".

your growth is limited, your pilot leadership sucks, your planes are great, tis all you gotti. now finish up that 6 days on and 3 days off 300. Union will lead you down the proper path.
Usually I gripe about Flex but, I have never worked a 18 hour day. Management has never put pressure on me to ignore safety and get the job done. I have stayed at a Holiday inn express, yes I am a pilot. A big pay raise would be nice. No more 6 on 3 off. The food??? got to agree with you there BROTHER... Do they have it better at NJA? yes!!! however,its not as bad as you make it.
They must be after you for breaking a contract.

Last edited:

So. Your domiciles suck, pay blows, and you guys buy your own airline tickets. (commuters):p .

Yes, i'll take your extra crew meal if your offering.

I would say that Flex and probably the others as well are having a hard time finding good quality pilots. Most the of the guys I have seen leave just don't want to work. As far as having a hard time keeping pilots, the same above goes as well. From an attrition stand point, it is running about 10% as ClubOrdFO stated. IMO

I second what CL300 pilot has said. Also, it's been said many times regarding supply vs. demand, hard job markets vs. soft job markets, hiring vs. attrition. This is simple math. Think about it. The fractionals aren't for everyone. The airlines aren't for everyone. Corporate aviation isn't for everyone. When the job market is hot, pilots make there move.

NETFLIER, I am not trying to start a pissing contest here one way or the other, but it sounds like you were here at Flex not long after 2002. Am I correct in this statement?

The management in place does not push safety items nor do they threaten us if we don't do an assignment due to aircraft issues, weather or what ever. In fact, we get out tails jumped if we fly broke aircraft.

Now, back in "the old days", I would agree with you. However, that is not the case here and now. I have never seen an 18 hour duty day, even when traveling back home on my last day. I have also never seen a 6/3 rotation. I have seen more 4/5, 5/6, 5/4 and 5/5's.

I realize that you feel that Flexjet should be blown to bits, and that is OK, that is our opinion. But please, don't try and tell people how things are here in the now as compared to what they were. Could that happen again, I would have to say it is always a possibility. But it is always a possibility that things could go south at NJA with the union in place as well.

To those looking at Flexjet, if you are looking for utopia, it does not exist. However, this is the best job I have ever had in aviation and I work with a great bunch of guys/gals here as well. I also feel that you could feel the same way about NJA as well. It is all a matter of what you want and where you want to be.

I am off my soap box now and wish everyone happy flying.

CL300Pilot

PS. If we, Flex or NJA ever meet on the road, lets share an adult beverage together and talk about the fun of flying. And yes Netflier, that means you too!:beer:

Latest resources

Back