Is Expressjet The Best???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capt.PoopyPants said:
And how do you know this? How do you know it's not because of the product they offer or the type of aircraft they fly? You don't. Just Like it says in your profile, you are addicted to Flightinfo, and that is where you get all of your of your "facts".

I can easily say that your probably right as far as the Delta flying. That was probably a result of lowest bidder. Comair and ASA both have far better pay rates for their pilots than CHQ. It's likely that this did have an effect on CHQ's bid for Delta flying. But,for a guy from Expressjet to bash CHQ is ridiculous, your new contract payrates are comparable to CHQ's rates.

As far as the 170 FO pay, your right. CHQ's worst aspect is the FO pay rates. The Captain payrates could also be improved on the 170. When the contract was signed their were no 170's. The guys at CHQ know this and will address it in the next contract. How are Expressjets 170/700 rates?

As far as my use of your and you're. Try this: you're a message board internet spelling douche. Your company is the same as most regionals, it has some good aspects and some not so good aspects. Thanks for the english lesson.

You just corroborated everything I said about CHQ.
We don't have 70 seater pay, because nobody is willing to pay the right price for that market, that's why you guys are flying them.

BluDevAv8r said:
How do you figure?

-Neal
this is what i was told when i interviewed, that is how i figured. 5 years to upgrade, then 5 years as captain to make 50k.

CUEBOAT said:
this is what i was told when i interviewed, that is how i figured. 5 years to upgrade, then 5 years as captain to make 50k.

All captains here make significantly more than 50k and there will be some FO's (although rare) who will make that as well.

-Neal

Capt.PoopyPants said:
But,for a guy from Expressjet to bash CHQ is ridiculous, your new contract payrates are comparable to CHQ's rates.

It isn't solely about the rates. There are many areas of our agreement that are better than yours. And no, this isn't a bash...it is fact. There are things about your company that are better than ours as well. For example, quicker upgrade (due in part of course...to growth spawned by advantageous labor contracts). But in case you were looking for examples, we also have profit sharing (will generate an additional 6% to 7% for 2005), better trip trading system, far superior 401k match/DC plan, reserve rules, far superior vacation system, etc.

-Neal

QOL is great here. Its all how you make it for youself at any company. To each his own.
CYA

Latest resources

Back