• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta recalling furloughed pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good Luck guys, the only problem is that most guys will be "career F/O's" and that would SUCK!! Not enough growth or retirements to help that problem. Hope that I am wrong, but from what I see, probably a true statement!

What is the upgrade projection for guys coming back on the property. Didn't most the guys over 50 retire? I heard 15 year upgrades???

Well good then stay in your rj and retire there! The only way you will be a career fo is if your 50 all ready and then you shouldn't make the move. Sorry to be rude but I really get sick of people spreading crap they know nothing about. If you don't work at Delta what makes you able to answer the questions or make such bold and stupid comments.

Exactly....Sounds like you will be back fairly soon, if you want.

Well good then stay in your rj and retire there! The only way you will be a career fo is if your 50 all ready and then you shouldn't make the move. Sorry to be rude but I really get sick of people spreading crap they know nothing about. If you don't work at Delta what makes you able to answer the questions or make such bold and stupid comments.

Won't be here, but thanks! Hope that it all works out for you, my comments were for guys who are NOT furloughed! Unless you are a 25 yr wonder, that may possibly be a reality. Look at the aircraft order book. What 15 75's that's awesome, 2 777's, again awesome, but after that....nothing! The order book for the 787 is sold out until 2012. Did I forget anything? Hope you get back online soon though!

Good Luck guys, the only problem is that most guys will be "career F/O's" and that would SUCK!! Not enough growth or retirements to help that problem. Hope that I am wrong, but from what I see, probably a true statement!

You really can't make that conclusion unless you know how many retirements there will be in the next 5,10 and 15 years, and what DAL's Plan of Reorganization fleet plan is plus what the growth rate will be 5, 10, 15 years from now.

There are way too unknown variables to declare that anyone hired will be a "career" first officer, which in reality we all know will never be the case, unless all new hires are older than all the pilots currently on the list.

Look at the aircraft order book. What 15 75's that's awesome, 2 777's, again awesome, but after that....nothing! The order book for the 787 is sold out until 2012. Did I forget anything?

Yeah, you forgot the 737-800s on order, you were incorrect on the number of 777s on order, you forgot options and you forgot that Boeing is considering opening up another 787 assembly facility to increase production, you forgot that several leasing companies have existing orders for 787s and that leasing company tend to lease aircraft to airlines, you also forgot that airlines often do make new orders. You also have no clue what DAL's Plan of Reorganization is. But thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Tomcat:

I am the last on the list to be recalled so I DO SPEAK FOR THE NEWHIRES!!! At least the first 1,000 or so... Even if nothing changes not another pilot is hired to cover growth but just to backfill retirements, I will be half way up the seniority list by 2017. Yes ten years in the right seat seems like a long time but sorry to tell you there is not a major that you will upgrade "fast" now. If you want to upgrade fast by all means Airtran, Frontier, Jet Blue, Southwest. If you still want heavy jets and international your going to be swinging gear for a few years.

I know its not as glamorus as your rj and overnights in XNA but to each there own.

Tomcat:

I am the last on the list to be recalled so I DO SPEAK FOR THE NEWHIRES!!! At least the first 1,000 or so... Even if nothing changes not another pilot is hired to cover growth but just to backfill retirements, I will be half way up the seniority list by 2017. Yes ten years in the right seat seems like a long time but sorry to tell you there is not a major that you will upgrade "fast" now. If you want to upgrade fast by all means Airtran, Frontier, Jet Blue, Southwest. If you still want heavy jets and international your going to be swinging gear for a few years.

I know its not as glamorus as your rj and overnights in XNA but to each there own.
Ummmm, current CAL upgrades are projected at 3-4 years for newhires. Sorry to tell you. P.S., they fly heavy jets and do it internationally. You've been listening to el generalismo a little too much.

I do not have much experience in the airline industry (but I do have enough) to know that I should have not gotten into it. haha) But I think it is a step in a good direction with the recalling and current hiring/projected hiring at the nation's major airlines.

Latest resources

Back