• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is "CREW" on your company IDs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez, in response to your post, ... .... .... .. ... ... .... ...... ... ... ...... .... ....!

My ID says expendable, unwanted company expenditure.

Ah....and when you see the word within the words...

"ID says expendable, unwanted company expenditure" = Indenture

Crew on your ID

We are about to be CASS approved and the dispatchers are being included as well. We would therefore have inputs on what "title" would make it easier for us a group to JS. As of now we have "Dispatcher" on our ID's. Would something like Flight Dispatch Officer make things smoother. We would like to have "Crew" stamped on our badges but need arguments for TSA to approve that. Any input in this matter is appreciated. PM me if you like!

Wow, old thread. Ours still just say dispatch. After thinking about it... I really don't think it would matter if they say crew or not. Even with "crew" imprinted, not having a uniform like pilots do might still make it tough. By the way, what airline are you? Just curious since you're about to get cass. PM me if you don't want to disclose. thanks.

Ours say Dispatchers-Systems Control.

I've never had a problem with TSA except at small airports. Gate agents are another story, I've met some and wonder how the collected enough brain cells to pass 1st grade.

I'm at ASA and we use to have a CIDA badge but no longer. we are in the CASS system and our badge does not have any remarks that say crew or anything that would help in security. Does it really matter ?

I'm at ASA and we use to have a CIDA badge but no longer. we are in the CASS system and our badge does not have any remarks that say crew or anything that would help in security. Does it really matter ?

SIDA badge ruled. There was that secret door that allowed to skip security entirely and be at any gate in E concourse in less than 15 mins. No Xray-no nothing. They called it the cheese grader in ATL. Those were the days. Otherwise who really cares what it says. It's a stretch to consider dispatchers "crew" anyways.

Latest resources

Back