Is "CREW" on your company IDs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SKC

We've always had "CREW" printed on our company badges which was quite helpful for jumpseating (getting by some agents), and through the long security lines. Now they are telling us that TSA has started making a stink about it and are removing it.

Do your badges say "CREW" or not? (this isn't directed to flight crew)

Nope.

If you are not part of a flight crew, why would your company ID say "CREW" on it?

If you are a scheduler or a dispatcher, shouldn't it say "DISPATCH" or "ADMIN" instead?

SKC said:
We've always had "CREW" printed on our company badges which was quite helpful for jumpseating (getting by some agents), and through the long security lines. Now they are telling us that TSA has started making a stink about it and are removing it.

Do your badges say "CREW" or not? (this isn't directed to flight crew)

no. our new id's will have global operations control on the bottom to make it easier to jumpseat on other carriers.

Um...you're not crew member, so it should't say CREW.

... not at Southwest either. They say Dispatch. I don't really see how we are crew members. I find it pretty interesting that you already have crew on it. Someone mentioned jumpseating. I wanted to say thanks to American and Delta for letting me j/s on them. Saved my a$$ couple of times. In Atlanta when I went through security and explained to her a was a Dispatcher for Southwest going home to Dallas, she said "wow, whats the most 911 calls you've taken in a day." Cheers.

Just to clarify, the ID has always stated our job (i.e. dispatcher, Ops Mgr, etc), just had listed "CREW", since we also had cockpit access.

I just didn't know if this was a practice in other locales.

Hi!

We ARE crew and our badges don't say it. They say "line pilot", which sometimes causes temporary problems with TSA. They'll say "You're not crew." I explain I'm a pilot, and they say "OK, but you're not crew."

Usually they let me go through, but sometimes they call a supervisor who tells them that a pilot is a crewmember.

Interesting.

cliff
YIP

atpcliff said:
Hi!

Usually they let me go through, but sometimes they call a supervisor who tells them that a pilot is a crewmember.

cliff
YIP

Yet another reason why TSA makes me bang my head against the wall

Latest resources

Back