Is AWAC The only group with OO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoilerUP said:
Dude, for the love of God be humble about it.

Its one thing to make a statement, but to shower accolades on our pilot group is going just a wee bit too far, donchathink? Were you on property prior to the transition to US?

You know what, I aint gonna let this one go.

First of all I was defending our decision to "give United the Finger" and "Stand strong". (Not My words by the way.) Someone else was questioning if we really were glad we did that now that we are in the position we are in. Im not showering Accolades on the company, but I am proud of it because this pilot group follows my mentality of the way our profession is headed, and what little we can do about it. Leave it at that, and dont question me about if when I came on property. What does that mean anyway? If I came on property a month ago, 1 year ago, or 5 years ago would that make a difference?

Settle down, Francis; I'm not arguing with you.

I hadn't hit the line yet when the last United RJ was repainted, so it would be a bit ignorant of me to say "We did this, we did that" when I wasn't a part of it...that's why I asked if you were here flying for UAL. I'm glad the pilot group and the MEC say NO to any concessions the company asks for, especially in light of the 'big grievance' ruling we all know can't come too soon. Its good to know we both agree that we won't finance the company's growth through our W2s...

That being said, lending support to our brothers at PSA, Mesa and others is the way to go instead of childish banter and namecalling on an anonymous message board. We can't control the way they vote, we can only hope to remind them of the consequences a yes vote would have for other regionals, both in and out of the US system.

TCBKING said:
We did "Stand Strong" . And we Did "Take one for the Industry". A big strong kick to the Hairy ones, to try to put a stop to this ludicrous race to the bottom. It may have cost us some QOL, but our company can KISS our ASS if they think they are going to make all that money and not give us ours. We are in a painfull transition right now, but its for a bigger cause. How bout you pitch in, and start swinging away. Or should I be speaking to you in French? ....Ok here it goes... HHmm mmmm.....

Prendre le fait et la cause pour vous. Avoir quelque fierté. Protéger votre avenir et votre mode de vie. Grandir une paire de balles.

I like my family too much to take such a consession and to have to commute across the country on my own dime. Good for you for being willing to to be so detached from society, for being so tuff, and being willing to give so much of your free time to the industry. I'm not willing to do that. I don't live for this industry, I work in the industry to live. Maybe I should be speaking to you in Stupid? ....Ok here it goes... HHmm mmmm.....

Good for you for having such massive balls, but your balls are bigger than your brain. Too bad you are representing Air Whisky guys right now, most of them seem pretty cool.

Skaff said:
Didn't United come to whisky and tell them to reduce their costs, my understanding was that whisky "stood strong" and kissed United goodbye.
Not exactly, AWAC did reduce costs, anyone remember the Bain group ?
The Pilot group tried, I would like to believe everyone tried to keep the UAX flying. It was not to be. It is all about cost per flight hour. If I remember the pilots could have flown for free and still never have keep the UAX flying. I dunno? When It comes down to it, it is all smoke and mirrors to me.

Here is one of many articles from the time it all went down.

http://www.aviationnow.com/avnow/search/autosuggest.jsp?docid=365668&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aviationnow.com%2Favnow%2Fnews%2Fchannel_aviationdaily_story.jsp%3Fview%3Dstory%26id%3Dnews%2FWISU04085.xml
. . . the "position we were placed in by United. In a sense, we were asked to continue our business at rates that would not cover our costs and would have ultimately put Air Wisconsin out of business."

In the good ol' days of the 3 UAX carriers, I think AWAC had the lowest costs, lower than ACA and Skywest, I think. FWIW I was at ACA then and I am sure they were lower than us.
It is all Strange business. :)

Skaff said:
I like my family too much to take such a consession and to have to commute across the country on my own dime. Good for you for being willing to to be so detached from society, for being so tuff, and being willing to give so much of your free time to the industry. I'm not willing to do that. I don't live for this industry, I work in the industry to live. Maybe I should be speaking to you in Stupid? ....Ok here it goes... HHmm mmmm.....

Good for you for having such massive balls, but your balls are bigger than your brain. Too bad you are representing Air Whisky guys right now, most of them seem pretty cool.

Seems to me you started this post in Stupid. First learn to spell. Secondly, I like my family as well but I didnt choose to move across the country and I sure as hell didnt choose to take a paycut. So, that being said.. What the hell are you talking about? I seriously dont understand your post. Im dizzy now. I might fall down if i read that jibberish again.

BoilerUp look what you started. Ive just been attacked in Jibberish. Just Kidding. I hope you realize where I am coming from, and Regardless of how long you or I have been on property, everyones opinion counts and is important. Maybe I will run across you on the line, and Ill buy your first beer.

Also I have supported all of those guys. Especially TSA and MESABA. I support PSA in their issues right now. I dont support gayjets. I hope that PSA turns this offer down. Not in the hopes of gaining any flying out of it, but in Hopes that their company goes back to them with a better offer, they can accept.

Last edited:
On behalf of the majority of AWAC pilots, I appologize for the idiocy of a couple of these d0uch bags. While they are entitled to their opinions, most of us have enough class to keep our mouths shut. I'm done.

No kidding. There was a time when AWAC pilots didn't get into pissing matches on the public forum.

Days gone by I guess.

S.

Yeah, it reflected much better upon our group when we kept our pissing matches in our private forum. Please guys, have enough sense to just quiet down. The industry is what it is and it sucks nuts for everyone.

I agree, pointless mudslinging is weak. I do want to just throw somthing in though.

1. Most of us wanted to stay where we were so we took concessions.

2. When the UAL RFP came out our company was not coming to us for anymore money, and did not ask us to drop our grevance.

3. The pilot group did'nt kiss UAL goodbye, managment did.

It was my understanding that our company was fed up with UAL and were looking for a way out long before the RFP. That company is still a ship without a rudder.

Latest resources

Back