Is AWAC The only group with OO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snine3departure

Is Awac the only group of pilots that turn down growth for less pay? It is beginning to become obvious that the rest of the regional MEC's are freaking Pus sies. Stand up for yourselfs. You all make me sick and I am getting very tired of it.

snine3departure said:
Is Awac the only group of pilots that turn down growth for less pay? It is beginning to become obvious that the rest of the regional MEC's are freaking Pus sies. Stand up for yourselfs. You all make me sick and I am getting very tired of it.

I though AWAC took a concessionary contract in order to keep their United flying? (I understand management F'd you guys on it)

You can add ASA to that group.

Didn't take it with the last RFP from DAL and we won't take concessions for growth now either!!!

As a current AWAC'er I have to say I'm not to sure about the title of your thread.

We are fortunate to have a MEC that doesn't even bother us with "race to the bottom" growth deals (there is a difference between growth and survival). We are very very lucky to have him in there. We as a pilot group have not turned down anything although I would hope we would.

As far as having balls? If we don't "cave" life goes on the way we've always expected it to as a 70 a/c carrier. That doesn't take balls.

Watch some of this Mesaba sh*t go down if you really want to see a pair tested.

While I take pride in being a AWAC'er we are no heros at this point.

Last edited:
-scene opens as an FO returns home from work to his house in suburban Denver, circa 2002-

Pilot: Hi Honey, I'm Home!

Wife: Welcome home, Dear, how was your trip?

Pilot: Great! I love AWAC, and love living here in Denver.
No more commuting for us! It's so great to drive to work!

Wife: I know. And this neighborhood is so great, our kids love it and have
so many good friends.

Pilot
: True, Honey. And guess what? Our CP told us recently to go
ahead and get settled here, because in his words "we'll be in DEN
for a long, long time." So we can rest easy! I'm so glad I work for
an airline with BALLS!!

Wife
: Me too, Honey! Me too.

(a few year pass, and our hero is now commuting to ORF and looking for housing with his now completely fed up wife)

Pilot
: Gosh Honey, what do you think of this neighborhood?

Wife
: I think it sucks just as bad if not worse than the last! I hate this
crap! I want to live in DEN where my friends and the kids friends are!
And also, when are you gonna upgrade?!

Pilot
: But Honey, we're an airline with BALLS!!! Remember? Isn't having
BALLS what it's all about? Remember........BALLS!!!...Balls!....balls?

Wife
: ARGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Pilot
: BAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS!

-fade to black-

this ridiculously oversimplified and half-baked reality play has been brought to you by flightinfo.com, dedicated to providing a forum to pilots who think they know better than anyone how to coordinate all the complex intracacies of running an airline.

tune in next time for "You stole our flying, scabs!!!"

Since when did balls determine routes, domiciles, and carriers?

We would have been f*cked out of DEN regardless.

Mesaba. Well at least for now. I'm a bit nervous of what will happen when the 200+ most junior guys will not get to vote, since they're furloughed.

I am and have always been proud to say I fly for Air Wisconsin.

When I wear my uniform (No Windbreakers here), I go to work and try to have fun flying and meeting passenger and co-workers. Never forget there are many others who would love the have your job.

I am glad our MEC (Your Union to New Guys) will not race to the bottom where the crap hangs out.
You know, where :uzi: Blow-Jet:smash: sits rotting away and poisoning the industry.

Our company is still far from the dream job we all though it was when we signed on. We can’t forget AWAC is privately owned and the owners are in it for profit and longevity. If they want to sell us, they can. If they want to buy all piston propeller planes tomorrow, they could. If they choose to introduce a B-Scale….they could try but it would never get by this pilot group!

The one thing I tell all new flight crews is not to believe any rumor until you see it published. There are MANY rumors about how good our job is compared to two of our fellow US Airways Express carriers Piedmont / PSA. I have many close friends at each.

-----------------------------------------
Did you hear that AWAC is in the final process of buying Piedmont / PSA.
(NOT TRUE)

US Airways lets AWAC pick the good schedules then gives Piedmont / PSA the rest.
(Most lines are non-commutable. This week, I commute in a day early to show at 0500 hrs on day one, and finish at 2315 hrs on day 4 -assuming no delays, then commute out the following day. 4 days are now 6. And this is VERY common. A vast majority of our company now commutes halfway across the country and through different time zones. 3 days off = 1.5 days with your family per week)

AWAC has excellent crew meals.
(No crew meals and we don’t even have time to eat since we are given 20 minute turns the entire day)
-----------------------------------------

Why am I still here??? I genuinely love the act of flying airplanes. It’s all the other crap, which gets old.

In the words of AWAC Mgmt. "Your hard work is not going un-noticed." I hope they help make AWAC like it was before. A great place to call home and retire with.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back