Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is ALPA Really Going To Allow This To Happen At UAL??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Respectfully, a codeshare is when two airlines share marketing and flights, such as LH and UA.

If you are a vendor that provides lift for UAL, then the chances are you are ALPA or IBT. Even if you are Skywest, will you picket with the UAL guys?

I would be proud to stand next to the UAL guys. Picketing alone won't solve this problem however.

Hey Rez,

I know this sounds crazy, however I am actually on your side. We are BOTH union pilots. I have been to all major events that APA asked of me. I was initially a domicile SPC coordinator. I now perform my volunteer work for Aeromedical.

I am not kidding when I say we are all in this together, and yes we better communicate with BALPA, and we need to have a better relationship with ALPA, our futures are more tied than you may think.

I was ALPA at two prior airlines, I am not an ALPA basher, I see it's faults on a national level, and why individual groups can sink it on a local level.

APA has its own dysfunctionality, however it is my union, and they speak for me. I would not hesitate to nationally picket with ANY ALPA pilot group. I truly do not see us going back to ALPA, nor do I see SWAPA or IPA doing that as well, however we can form closer relationships.

I admire the effort you put forth, and unfortunately some comments can not be seen for humorous jabs that are intended.

Regards

AAflyer

P.S. Truly Rez, I am not your enemy...

Not sure what it is with you APA guys..... the reason pilots left ALPA in the 1950s was silly and ego based...

As long as APA stays indy our effectiveness is weakened. Let ALPA join the APA. I don't care what it is called. We need to be under one group....

I don't think you guys are the enemy... but I think we are doing ourselves wrong by not joinoing forces....

I would be proud to stand next to the UAL guys.

Then do it. When I was at a regional, I stood with the mainline guys and I stood with my guys....

Picketing alone won't solve this problem however.

No, but its like voting.... if you don't vote, then the apathy speaks volumes to those working against us...

My concern in your post... is you put the onus on the UAL guys to solve a problem that you fear will effect you.....

Only until all of us accept the problems of others will we be unifed....

We choose to be indifferent to fellow pilots problems, however suddenly, when the problems become real for the indifferent, they want everyone to come to their aid... how does that work?

Then do it. When I was at a regional, I stood with the mainline guys and I stood with my guys....

No, but its like voting.... if you don't vote, then the apathy speaks volumes to those working against us...

My concern in your post... is you put the onus on the UAL guys to solve a problem that you fear will effect you.....

We choose to be indifferent to fellow pilots problems, however suddenly, when the problems become real for the indifferent, they want everyone to come to their aid... how does that work?

I will stand with the UAL pilots. I will donate money to their strike fund. I will honor any picket lines they draw. I will call my legislators and support them. I don't know what more I can do. The UAL pilots will have to do the heavy lifting in the end though.

You seemed pretty indifferent when you started flying mainline routes for half pay. Rez, I encourage you to save your speeches and telling mainline guys you stood by them when on another thread you blame mainline guys for "giving it away". You stood by mainline pilots after you helped put them in this situation, and only after you thought you had something to gain.

How long do you plan on lecturing, talking out of both sides of you mouth, continuing to blame others, and refusing to accept any responsibility for your actions? Who you gonna blame today?

Last edited:
I am an ALPA basher make no mistake about it. However maybe I have not made myself clear. My beef is with ALPA national not our volunteer union reps. I do believe we could be doing just as well in house without ALPA. In the end if you are indeed an United Pilot then surell you can see the difference between this and other code share agreements that are in place.

Wanna bet.....????

PHXFLYR:cool:

Not sure what it is with you APA guys..... the reason pilots left ALPA in the 1950s was silly and ego based...

As long as APA stays indy our effectiveness is weakened. Let ALPA join the APA. I don't care what it is called. We need to be under one group....

I don't think you guys are the enemy... but I think we are doing ourselves wrong by not joinoing forces....

Funny...I don't see you expressing the same sentiment regarding USAir pilots.:(

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back