Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is ALPA Really Going To Allow This To Happen At UAL??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you trying to convey that you are OK with this? Is it OK if ANA since they are a code share partner, leases a 747 and starts flying SFO HNK with non union pilots from a third party?? This is different, very different. Niether code share partner if flying the airplane. That is different and it is huge and so far WE(UAL Pilots)/ALPA have failed to stop it.

That I'm OK with what, eagle? Aren't you an ALPA basher anyway? If guys like you had your way, ALPA wouldn't be on the property and instead of this just being another codeshare, we'd have non-UA pilots flying UA airplanes on our end, too. So it's kind of pointless debating an issue such as this with a guy like you, is it not? ALPA is a "limp" organization that can't do anything, right? So what is there to debate with you?

That I'm OK with what, eagle? Aren't you an ALPA basher anyway? If guys like you had your way, ALPA wouldn't be on the property and instead of this just being another codeshare, we'd have non-UA pilots flying UA airplanes on our end, too. So it's kind of pointless debating an issue such as this with a guy like you, is it not? ALPA is a "limp" organization that can't do anything, right? So what is there to debate with you?

I am an ALPA basher make no mistake about it. However maybe I have not made myself clear. My beef is with ALPA national not our volunteer union reps. I do believe we could be doing just as well in house without ALPA. In the end if you are indeed an United Pilot then surell you can see the difference between this and other code share agreements that are in place.

I am an ALPA basher make no mistake about it. However maybe I have not made myself clear. My beef is with ALPA national not our volunteer union reps. I do believe we could be doing just as well in house without ALPA. In the end if you are indeed an United Pilot then surell you can see the difference between this and other code share agreements that are in place.

Yes I can. Don't mistake me trying to address/explain this issue and not jumping up and down and getting all emotional about the issue as some lack of concern. Obviously with openers getting exchanged next month, negotiations starting after that, and mediation starting (more than likely) at the end of August, this needs to be addressed.

However, I don't see how you can be upset about this issue on one hand, and then say you have a beef with ALPA National and think we could do "just as well in house" without ALPA. ALPA is the ONLY organization representing pilots' interests at the national level with any reasonable chance of influence. If something like this isn't something that needs to be addressed at both the LOCAL and NATIONAL level, I don't know what is.

Yes I can. Don't mistake me trying to address/explain this issue and not jumping up and down and getting all emotional about the issue as some lack of concern. Obviously with openers getting exchanged next month, negotiations starting after that, and mediation starting (more than likely) at the end of August, this needs to be addressed.

However, I don't see how you can be upset about this issue on one hand, and then say you have a beef with ALPA National and think we could do "just as well in house" without ALPA. ALPA is the ONLY organization representing pilots' interests at the national level with any reasonable chance of influence. If something like this isn't something that needs to be addressed at both the LOCAL and NATIONAL level, I don't know what is.

Ok you have your history with ALPA and I have mine. I do belive we could be doing just as well in house as is being shown at SW and AA. All that is niether here nor there. If you are right and ALPA is the best way forward then great, I would love to be wrong. In my opinion they , ALPA, are in bed with to many pilot groups that do not have our best intrest in mind. All this has been hashed through before. In the end it is the pilot group themselves that will make it or not. The tie tack is not relevant. For this season I laugh at the excitement the tranny folks on here have for ALPA. If the pilot group stays the same so will the result.

With that said good luck to us both going forward. Strap in it's going to be a wild ride.

So how does UAL ALPA plan to stop this? Could this be ploy to get concessions on the low end scope in exchange for dropping this assault on the upper end scope? Ex. "Let us give the ERJ-190/CRJ-1000 to the regionals and we will get rid of this A330 deal."

So how does UAL ALPA plan to stop this? Could this be ploy to get concessions on the low end scope in exchange for dropping this assault on the upper end scope? Ex. "Let us give the ERJ-190/CRJ-1000 to the regionals and we will get rid of this A330 deal."

No one but the scumbags on Wacker drive could know the answer to those questions. Time will tell. In the end it's all about the scope as has been mentioned before.

I can't imagine any situation where RJ scope would be relaxed further than it already has.

Of course they will let it happen.

Their bag of tricks only consists of giant blow-up rats and "catchy" slogans.

Don't forget the full page ads telling everyone how dysfunctional the company is.

Latest resources

Back