• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Iran says oil too cheap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wind and Solar make up 30 percent of Germany's power grid with more to come......And guess what Nuclear is also a finite source Uranium is in tight supply and at present levels is not the MAIN answer.

Wind & solar will always be there, so why is it stupid to invest in making it a viable source of power??????

Let me guess your a republican cookie cutter suburbanite living in your little closed minded bubble.

I seriously doubt that 30% of German electric power is wind/solar generated. It's more like 3% total energy for "renewables" (wind, solar, biofuels, etc.) . . .about 6% of electricity from wind.

Nevertheless . . . the Germans take a rational approach and put wind farms in smart places . . . like off the coast, where wind is constant. And they're expanding this (and other renewables) like crazy. It's quite impressive.

Would you care to guess who consistently blocks wind farms like that in the US? Here's a hint . . . it's NOT "cookie cutter republicans". It's democratic stalwarts like Ted Kennedy and the insane greens from the left side the aisle.

Because it's "visual pollution." And birdies might smack into them. This is INSANE.:nuts:

Energy policy in the US is unbelievably f-d up and short sighted, and both sides of the aisle are equally to blame.

Last edited:
So what about solar panels on my roof and an electric car to plug in at night sounds evil???
It's free eventually, but the people in power want to keep things the way they are, raking in the cash to rule over us. I wouldn't have to fork over $$$ every month to them, good for me, bad for them.

Sounds like saving the country/world one house at a time to me.

Any one want to donate some solar for my roof???

WOW is all I can say to my rebuttals!!!

Never stops to amaze me how stupid many pilots are!

Yes Germany is set to have over 30% of their power derived from solar/wind. Thats a fact.

Sorry everyone is so offended by the truth and so thin skinned.

Suburban living is not a Republican or Democratic thing, it's an American institution. Right or wrong it belongs to all of us.

Hey Max you moron, you couldn't be more wrong with your stats. You said this:

Wind and Solar make up 30 percent of Germany's power grid with more to come......And guess what Nuclear is also a finite source Uranium is in tight supply and at present levels is not the MAIN answer.

Here are the actual facts from Wikipedia, a very reliable source:

Wind power is the conversion of wind energy into useful form, such as electricity, using wind turbines. In windmills, wind energy is directly used to crush grain or to pump water. At the end of 2007, worldwide capacity of wind-powered generators was 94.1 gigawatts.[1] Although wind currently produces just over 1% of world-wide electricity use,[2] it accounts for approximately 19% of electricity production in Denmark, 9% in Spain and Portugal, and 6% in Germany and the Republic of Ireland (2007 data). Globally, wind power generation increased more than fivefold between 2000 and 2007.[1]

Germans invested nearly US$5 billion in new solar photovoltaic systems and in doing so employed nearly 35,000 in the solar industry. Germany now operates a solar-electric generating capacity of about 2,500 MW. Analysts estimate that solar cells in Germany now generate about 2 TWh of electricity per year, or about one-half of one percent of German electricity consumption.[1]

So Max, let's run the numbers shall we? Wind makes up as of 2007, 6% of Germany's power and Solar 1/2 of 1%. I'll cut you some slack and we'll call it 1%. That makes Wind and solar totaling 7% of Germany's power. Care to divulge where the other 23% of your fantasy stat's are coming from?

Well, Iran knows where some Uranium is.

Yes Germany is set to have over 30% of their power derived from solar/wind. Thats a fact.

According to this link, Germany derives only 3% of its total power from solar.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/eu...udy_germany_unlikely_hotspot_for_solar_power/

It's not 30%, and it's not even close to 30%. Yes, we need to look into alternative energy solutions, but don't use inflated numbers to show how far behind the US is. We are in fact second in the world in wind and solar energy production.

Infinite amount of wind + Infinite amount of solar engergy = Infinite amount of hot air!

(Why won't everyone just agree with me?)

(You're stupid.)

(Don't dare to question my "facts." Rather than provide a source, ANY source, I'll just repeat that it's a "fact". Don't make me "prove" it again.)

(I offer a classic "non-apology" apology. I.E. "I'm sorry you're too stupid to agree with me.")

===========================

Max P -- Energy issues are something I think a great deal about, and worry about their impact not just on the airline industry but on US prosperity in general.

If you're going to discuss the issue, why don't you try using facts and non-inflammatory, non-partisan language? It's a timely and important topic, and calling people dummies does nothing to advance an argument or line of inquiry.

If you can't do better than this, even if you're 100% correct in all your opinions, no one is going to care. Why? Because you provide no proof, no arguments . . except the worst kind, the ad homenin attack.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back