• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Iran says oil too cheap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wind and Solar make up 30 percent of Germany's power grid with more to come......And guess what Nuclear is also a finite source Uranium is in tight supply and at present levels is not the MAIN answer.

Wind & solar will always be there, so why is it stupid to invest in making it a viable source of power??????

Let me guess your a republican cookie cutter suburbanite living in your little closed minded bubble.

I'm all for it too except that it would take a solar farm the size of Texas to power a state the size of Rhode Island. As for the left vs right statement, suck it Tribek, even your beloved T Kennedy, the Liberal among Liberals, won't sign off on wind farms off the shores of Cape Cod, can't mess with the sailing you know!

How about all the soccermoms in their Excursions and Suburbans with the little magnetic "support our troops" and "god bless the USA" ribbons on the back of their monstrosities stop driving their kids to and from school everyday and have them take the damn bus? There's a way to save.

According to this link, Germany derives only 3% of its total power from solar.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/eu...udy_germany_unlikely_hotspot_for_solar_power/

It's not 30%, and it's not even close to 30%. Yes, we need to look into alternative energy solutions, but don't use inflated numbers to show how far behind the US is. We are in fact second in the world in wind and solar energy production.
Max does not need "facts". You see, liberals are allowed to "run from sniper fire" in their minds as long as they think they can get away with it, hence Max's outrageous comments.

Max does not need "facts". You see, liberals are allowed to "run from sniper fire" in their minds as long as they think they can get away with it, hence Max's outrageous comments.

Kinda like W "served" in the ANG, I guess. The last 8 years have contained more "facts" like that than one could count.

Kinda like W "served" in the ANG, I guess. The last 8 years have contained more "facts" like that than one could count.

Uh . . . except G.W. did serve in the ANG. It's a completely, utterly, incontestable fact and matter of record. I think there's plenty of current and former ANG pilots who would take it quite personally if it were suggested that their service was anything but honorable, whether their unit was activated or not.

(I suppose by my own standard I should provide a citation or source . . . but is this really necessary for this particular fact?)

Uh . . . except G.W. did serve in the ANG. It's a completely, utterly, incontestable fact and matter of record. I think there's plenty of current and former ANG pilots who would take it quite personally if it were suggested that their service was anything but honorable, whether their unit was activated or not.

(I suppose by my own standard I should provide a citation or source . . . but is this really necessary for this particular fact?)

No question whether or not he "served" on paper. That's not what I'm talking about, and you know that. I'm not questioning anyone else's service. I'm questioning the validity of W's "service".

I'm all for anything to avoid sending cash to our enemies.

Several British Economists have opined that the Iran, Venezuela and other nations have used their central banks to take positions on oil futures, driving up prices in the speculative market.

The rational price of oil is $60 to $90. I'd love to see a correction take these speculators out.

Maybe the left and the right can come together.....Alternative energy sources(including nuclear) AND more drilling/refineries....It's time to quit sending our money to the enemy......

Last edited:
OK WOW YOU ALL JUST NEED TO SIMMER DOWN......

Here is my point what is wrong with trying to find alternative energy sources to keep the demand lower on oil. Hence making gas cheaper for the airlines to buy which will ensure we survive.

How did Ted Kennedy become part of the argument. I think he was wrong with his decision too. Yes wow what a rebuttal wind and solar and nuclear or other forms of alternative energy won't ever work because Ted K tried to protect his constituents.

The point is Solar, Wind and nuclear are all viable LONG TERM we need to stop thinking short term like GWB does. We need new ideas like a large gas tax. This will get Soccer moms out of their SUVs and into smaller (albeit negligible more dangerous) vehicles. But it will bring the demand down on fuel which we as pilots desperately need.

I can't wait for the dems to win!!!! Mccain wants to get rid of the gas tax....yea thats really going to help. What an idiot. YeeeeHaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back