• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Iran says oil too cheap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK WOW YOU ALL JUST NEED TO SIMMER DOWN......

Here is my point what is wrong with trying to find alternative energy sources to keep the demand lower on oil. Hence making gas cheaper for the airlines to buy and survive.

How did Ted Kennedy become part of the argument. I think he was wrong with his decision too.

The point is Solar, Wind and nuclear are all viable LONG TERM we need to stop thinking short term like GWB does. We need new ideas like a massive gas tax. This will get Soccer moms out of their SUVs and into smaller (and yes more dangerous) vehicles. But it will bring the demand down on fuel which we as pilots desperately need.

I can't wait for the dems to win!!!! Mccain wants to get rid of the gas tax....yea thats really going to help. What an idiot.

Not necessarily true. And one of the primary reasons smaller cars aren't as safe is because of the possibility of being hit by one if those idiots driving an Escalade. Take the Escalade away, and the Focus becomes MUCH safer.

How did Ted Kennedy become part of the argument. I think he was wrong with his decision too. Yes wow what a rebuttal wind and solar and nuclear or other forms of alternative energy won't ever work because Ted K tried to protect his constituents.

Ted Kennedy is a NIMBY...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/26/sunday/main560595.shtml

"The campaign to stop the wind farms was started by Cape Cod merchants and wealthy landowners. It's also opposed by almost every town government. Sen. Ted Kennedy, who has a home overlooking the proposed wind farm, also opposes the project. So does one of Martha's Vineyard most famous residents, former CBS anchorman Walter Cronkite."

Ted Kennedy is a NIMBY...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/26/sunday/main560595.shtml

"The campaign to stop the wind farms was started by Cape Cod merchants and wealthy landowners. It's also opposed by almost every town government. Sen. Ted Kennedy, who has a home overlooking the proposed wind farm, also opposes the project. So does one of Martha's Vineyard most famous residents, former CBS anchorman Walter Cronkite."

Exactly this is why we need to strengthen our laws to not let this BS go on. This NIMBY or Not In My Back Yard is total bull when it comes to Wind and or Nuclear. Lets get 'er done. And Fracking show those sand Beyatches we don't need them. Stop saying No we can't do it cause we can.

ALL of us are NIMBY's to one extent or another.

I'm from California and live in Florida....I say put the drills off shore...Energy dependence is more important than what I want to see off my coast.....

Most NIMBY's also complain when the price of gas goes up....If you want to be a NIMBY, don't complain about the cost of energy....

So if I agree to Wind and Solar you will agree to drilling in ANWAR and off the Florida Coast? Can we put the wind farms in Kennedy's view?
Yes put it in his back yard I say. And yes - to the drilling - but just remember those fields are a drop in the bucket and won't help much if at all. We recently had a major find in the gulf due to use of new sideways drilling. Can't remember the name of the field but it will be coming on line a few years from now. In any event it will all be a drop in the bucket. The real money will be in Green 10-25 years from now.

Last edited:
I'm from California and live in Florida....I say put the drills off shore...Energy dependence is more important than what I want to see off my coast.....

What if it was a trash dump, or a prison, or even simply a white-trash neighbor. Not just energy production. We are all NIMBY's one way or the other.
Most NIMBY's also complain when the price of gas goes up....If you want to be a NIMBY, don't complain about the cost of energy....

I don't. And I usually tell most people to shut their pie-hole every time they open it. I'm also fricking sick of the local news and their "pain at the pump" stories, with not a single recommendation about how to use better driving techniques to conserve. Not to mention, not a single mention of the bad choices many Americans make (something you Reps like to hold poor people responsible for) in their choice of transportation and holding them responsible for it.

You can't afford to fill your Tahoe to drive 40 miles one way form work to your 4500 sf house that you don't need and can't afford now, bacause you were dumb enough to take an interest only ARM? Well BOO-FREAKING-HOO!!!!

Let's face it, 4.00/ gal is still a good deal all things considered.

Latest resources

Back