Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
generaltso said:
Just for fun I am going to throw out my predictions:
- CAL will replace some of the lost feed. Things are working out perfect for them... they are getting more money from XJET and able to reduce their fifty seat feed.
- CHQ will get come up with some fifty seaters that UAL/DAL/USair would like to shed (in exchange, order some 170's)
- XJET will not have much success with their new venture

Sorry guys. I predicted that CAL would dump fifty seaters last year and took some heat for saying it. I don't care what kind of kool-aid XJET mgmt is feeding you guys - it is going to be difficult to make money on 50 seat flying without the fee for departure (read: guaranteed profit) system.

It is like everyone has forgotten about Independence. I understand XJET still has plenty of money coming in... but it is hard to fund a failing business model with a successful one. Remember how much money ACA had when they broke away?

It will be interesting to see if XJET scores a legacy codeshare. After all the talk of CHQ "stealing" their flying. I can't think of any legacy that would be interested in adding more fifty seaters.

You guys are insane. I keep forgetting that all us pilots also have PhD's and Master's in big business. What gives the average pilot the feeling that they know everything about the industry? I'll tell you... one pilot hears another say 50 seats are too expensive, the next pilot passes that one to the next, and so on. I remember where I have seen this before... high school.

Rest assured that XJTs plans are being meticulously scrutinized. Our mgmt would not recklessly embark on a profitless venture just for the fun of it. They have, it appears, been successful in securing a new codeshare in addition to other profitable business opportunities. This is a clinic in diversification of the business. No longer does XJT want all its eggs in one basket, and this plethora of plans is one way of achieving this. For those of you who make comparisons to FLY I, you have just proven how little you know about our industry. XJT has no intention of launching a large "own brand" at this time; but this may be a good time to begin to dabble. But in all seriousness, keep telling yourself that you are God's gift to this industry, and make your rediculous statements if it helps you sleep better. From what I have seen and discussed, XJT is planning for a strong, growth oriented future.

"To once again artificially remove 69, 50 seat RJs which Continental will surely replace in some form or fashion, is harmful to XJT, its employees and shareholders and the rest of us working in this industry."-BB

To hear this coming from Republic Airlines Holdings is extremely hypocritical. I guess it's great for the industry when RAH tries to try to underbid others based on price and turn regional feed into a commodity, and to fly 70 seat planes for subpar rates. RAH has never been harmful to the industry?

While this statement may have some valid points, it's ridiculous for Brian Bedford to criticize another airline for dragging down the industry.

kc1 said:
"To once again artificially remove 69, 50 seat RJs which Continental will surely replace in some form or fashion, is harmful to XJT, its employees and shareholders and the rest of us working in this industry."-BB

To hear this coming from Republic Airlines Holdings is extremely hypocritical. I guess it's great for the industry when RAH tries to try to underbid others based on price and turn regional feed into a commodity, and to fly 70 seat planes for subpar rates. RAH has never been harmful to the industry?

While this statement may have some valid points, it's ridiculous for Brian Bedford to criticize another airline for dragging down the industry.

CHQ did not underbid!! You guys are a bunch of babies

007 said:
Why does he care if we go down the same road as Independence?
Just means more business for him!!

He should be giddy as a schoolgirl.

I was thinking the same thing, if we go out of business how is that bad for the industry if there are to many 50 seaters. That would put 274 airplanes in the desert and look at how much work would be available to him, if he truely feels XJT is on the path to destruction he should be celebrating, unless in reality he may be thinking that God may answer the prayers of others as well.

BluDevAv8r said:
To answer your question, you assume wrong. I am no longer on the Fee For Departure Task Force.

I'm surprised, you seemed so enthusiastic. Personal problem ... or did you discover it was just another committee to not do the work of the other committe than didn't do the work of the original committe that didn't do the work?

surplus1 said:
I'm surprised, you seemed so enthusiastic. Personal problem ... or did you discover it was just another committee to not do the work of the other committe than didn't do the work of the original committe that didn't do the work?

Kinda hard to work for a Fee-for-Departure committee when you don't work for an airline that is Fee-for-departure.

Plus he's in training right now as a new-hire at CAL. I think he's worried more about getting through that than some committee.

Also, and I don't know how this works, but wouldn't he be a probationary ALPA member until his one year at CAL is up? That may preclude him from being on an ALPA committee.

surplus1 said:

None of the above...unless you count being on probation at another airline a "personal problem." :D

-Neal

Wouldn't it be best if Continental replaced these 69 rj's with some 737's? Hopefully, maybe they will and then we can all bitch about our ugly FA's (plural FA's...as in more than one) or something else mainlinish.

Latest resources

Back