Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blueridge71 said:
Ditto.

It sounds like Bedford is basically saying that victim had it coming.

Mesa and CHQ both depend on growth and turnover to maintain low labor costs. At some point, it has to end when there is either no more flying to be taken or their employees decide to insist on an industry standard contract and QOL.

By then we will have gotten what I needed from them. I don't care about any of the regional airlines! I have bigger fish to fry.

FmrFreightDog said:
ASH said:
Ah, I see what you are saying. Not a huge issue at the moment for CHQ. Word is quite strong that we will be reducing our 135/145 flying dramatically for US, UAL, and especially DAL to do 1 for 1 trades for 170/175's. We will simply redeploy those A/C to CAL. Embraer rep in CMH the other day said we have 50 170's painted in DAL colors waiting for delivery. I would imagine those would come at the expense of our 135/145 flying which is being given to Freedom by the truck load. Those A/C will most likely be where our CAL planes will come from.

Funny. The way I hear it, Delta is on the verge of ditching CHQ completely. Something along the lines of submitting a bid for flying then coming back and demanding a better fee for departure because you were losing money. As for my information, I wouldn't bet the farm on you guys getting any one for one trades on Delta flying. From what I'm hearing, Delta will be phasing you guys out one ERJ at a time.

This is the way it should be I'm just so sick of delta throwing asa and comair under the bus so they can give more flying to these bottom feeding low lifes. Comair, ASA have been keeping delta from going tits up for the past few years now they want to ditch them for a cheaper knock-off? Comair and Asa do what they do the best for delta. Feerdom from what I understand can't get an ontime departure to save their life.

Also to the Xjet guys. I know most of you don't want to be xjet for life and I would be wary about anything that would make people want to stay at xjet for life. If you introduce something that will clog the pilot group and stop attrition to better places you may have wished that you had just stayed coex.

When ASA said SLC was closing I was pissed like the rest of us. It was a holy grail base. The base where you would go to fly like a mainline guy, to places that the atl folk would only dream about. I relized that this was the problem. The people in SLC were the lifers. Just by looking at the DOH of some of these guys I can tell that most were hired before I set foot in a 172. Most have been here for too long and had the chance to go to big D but didn't. That should not have happened there should be no reason to want to stay at ASA and not go to Airtran or Big D. I hope with this base closure we will lose these people who should have been gone 5 years ago. I also hope we take the pay cut on the 70 and get a common type for both the 50 and 70 with a base wage increase to skyw +1% which would be better for the people on the 50 anyway and really would give 3/4 of the pilot group a raise and only a few hundred people on the 70 a VERY minor cut.

I'm already a captain on the 50 so its no bigdeal if there is a 5 year upgrade or 7 year like at asa now. I know that I will be able to hold better lines soon because of the attrition on the 50.

If it were up to me we would still be flying emb-120s and atr-72s with a 1 year upgrade and a 3 year max career at asa and no jets. But thats not going to happen and the problem is people are getting way to comfortable at an airline they just shouldn't be at for more than a few years. If CFIs were paid 50k a year you wouldn't be able to find such a job as quickly as you can now.

The point is you can't be a cheerleader for a place that isn't that great and you need to stop being "The company guy" and start thinking about YOUR best intrests. If you have a 5 year upgrade and then need 2 years to just get the min pic to get on with the majors then that 7 years that you've wasted when you could have easily done it in 3 at places like Mesa or Chq.

I'm almost certain i'll be flamed for this by the guys who want 190s and the pay to go with it, but you won't ever get on with delta flying a 700 at 100k a year.

SYX328 said:
Just remember that CHQ was not the lowest bidder for the service. But anyways go back to bitching and moaning as most of you are good at it.

Just out of curiosity? How do you know that CHQ was not the lowest bid? Did you see the bids, because the rest of us sure did not. Are you assuming? Are you going by what CHQ might have said about not being the lowest? It sounds like you are assuming or taking someone elses word for it.

Maybe, CHQ was actually the lowest bid.

AdamKooper said:
If you have a 5 year upgrade and then need 2 years to just get the min pic to get on with the majors then that 7 years that you've wasted when you could have easily done it in 3 at places like Mesa or Chq.

.......but you won't ever get on with delta flying a 700 at 100k a year.

Neither will you because you will outbid your job at a major by taking ********************ty pay and growth for the quick upgrade.

I do not understand why this is so hard to figure out.

If you make the condition So-So it won't keep people from leaving as would have a better place to work would.

Whats funny is that if you were looking for a job 2 years ago and went on principle alone of going with the best contract you would have gone to Chataqua over Xjet, but now the XJet kids are calling chataquians whores..COMEDY!

kngarthur said:
I think he might be talking about CHQ buying Comair?

Wouldn't shock me....If Delta wants to drop some 50 seaters this could be a possibility.

CHQ takes 50-69 of the 50 seaters (either CHQ ERJ or CMR CRJ) and flys them for CAL. The rest of teh aquired airframes jsut fly for DL. Delta dumps 50 or so 50 seaters from their fleet...and CAL, if they want them, gain some.

I'm not saying it will lhappen, but it wouldn't shock me to see it happen.

XJT has burned a bridge?

Its business.

How was XJT supposed to take CAL deciding to drop 25% of our capacity and give it to the competition. Would CAL then be the bridge burner? No!!! Its friggin business, and the only ones who think its all personal is us pilots.

PGTB said:
Whats funny is that if you were looking for a job 2 years ago and went on principle alone of going with the best contract you would have gone to Chataqua over Xjet, but now the XJet kids are calling chataquians whores..COMEDY!

Huh? What on earth are you talking about? Even XJT's previous contract was better than CHQ's new contract. Better 401k match, better trip trading, far better vacation system, etc. CHQ might have been a buck or two more per hour for that short time period between when CHQ signed and when XJT signed but I would never choose one carrier over another strictly on a buck or two per hour. That said, there is nothing like "pilots fighting pilots." We really are our own worst enemy.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back