• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Intelligent comments from Chautauqua CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why the hell would delta want to add xjet to their fleet? Thats like regional number 7 or 8? This is why Delta is spiraling into the ground like twa 800. They keep wasting money!

FWIW, last week's XJET conference call cited the 4 new homes for the 69 jets;

1. Overseas opportunities
2. Charter Flying
3. Point-to-point flying under xjet colors
4. New opportunities with existing legacy carriers

They also said it was more cost effective for XJET to keep the 69 planes with a 200% basis point premium than replacing them in the open market with new lease rates. The reason Bedford is probably pissed is because CHQ's CAL flying just got more expensive.

BluDevAv8r said:
That said, there is nothing like "pilots fighting pilots." We really are our own worst enemy.

-Neal

On this statement we agree Neal. However it isn't that simple. I assume you are still on the Fee-for-departure task force. ALPA allowed this "pilot fighting pilots" when it started outsourcing flying in exchange for pay, retirement, and work rules. Now, whether you or I like it or not, we are competing against each other for work. Management is winning this chess game, while ALPA organizes another committee to study why it is getting it's a$$ kicked.

generaltso said:
Just for fun I am going to throw out my predictions:
- CAL will replace some of the lost feed. Things are working out perfect for them... they are getting more money from XJET and able to reduce their fifty seat feed.
- CHQ will get come up with some fifty seaters that UAL/DAL/USair would like to shed (in exchange, order some 170's)
- XJET will not have much success with their new venture

Sorry guys. I predicted that CAL would dump fifty seaters last year and took some heat for saying it. I don't care what kind of kool-aid XJET mgmt is feeding you guys - it is going to be difficult to make money on 50 seat flying without the fee for departure (read: guaranteed profit) system.

It is like everyone has forgotten about Independence. I understand XJET still has plenty of money coming in... but it is hard to fund a failing business model with a successful one. Remember how much money ACA had when they broke away?

It will be interesting to see if XJET scores a legacy codeshare. After all the talk of CHQ "stealing" their flying. I can't think of any legacy that would be interested in adding more fifty seaters.

For the THIRD time, I still don't understand why all you CHQ guys get so worked up.
So what if CAL yanks another 25% and we go under like I.
Just means quicker upgrades for you!

I love this forum, none of you high strung guys will ever hit 60, can you say Heart Attack and quad bypass.

JoeMerchant said:
On this statement we agree Neal. However it isn't that simple. I assume you are still on the Fee-for-departure task force. ALPA allowed this "pilot fighting pilots" when it started outsourcing flying in exchange for pay, retirement, and work rules. Now, whether you or I like it or not, we are competing against each other for work. Management is winning this chess game, while ALPA organizes another committee to study why it is getting it's a$$ kicked.

I was referring to the pilots on this board lobbing insults at each other.

To answer your question, you assume wrong. I am no longer on the Fee For Departure Task Force.

Management isn't "winning their chess game" since it is actually one management against another that is competing for work. Do you see the tone and emotion in Bedford's letter?

You are so quick to lob insults at ALPA but I have yet to see you craft any workable solutions...

ASH said:
While, no doubt, RAH CEO's comments will inflame a variety of responses, at a minimum I would consider his comments. This is an individual who knows his business quite well. He has made strategic and forward thinking moves that have allowed RAH to become incredibley prosperous.
Simply put, I would not disregard his thoughts simply because you don't like the message. He didn't build what he has by being an off-the-wall goofball. Even those who don't care for him personally will digress that he is one smart cookie.

I used to work for him along time ago. He screwed me over and I can't stand him.

With that said, he is a solid leader who always seams to put his company in the right position. His strength is that he has an uncanny ability to correctly forecast an other wise unpredictable industry.

No one can be right all the time, but when he comments on anything to do with regional airlines, I take him very seriously.

Latest resources

Back