• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Intelligent comments from Chautauqua CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why does he care if we go down the same road as Independence?
Just means more business for him!!

He should be giddy as a schoolgirl.

I thought this letter was a fake when I first saw it. That a CEO other than jo would be that pig-headed and preachy about another company's decisions in a public letter blows my mind.

I think bvt1151 has deciphered the gist of it. B.B.: "Expressjet costs too much. We cost less. Expressjet has chosen to fail. Expressjet was too dumb to learn from the mistakes of ACA. Expressjet should learn from us and pay their employees less in order to secure growth and keep flying. You are not worth as much as an Expressjet employee."

I have friends at chq, it's sad they have to put up with this. Hopefully they get a better contract than us next time around.

ASH said:
Ah, I see what you are saying. Not a huge issue at the moment for CHQ. Word is quite strong that we will be reducing our 135/145 flying dramatically for US, UAL, and especially DAL to do 1 for 1 trades for 170/175's. We will simply redeploy those A/C to CAL. Embraer rep in CMH the other day said we have 50 170's painted in DAL colors waiting for delivery. I would imagine those would come at the expense of our 135/145 flying which is being given to Freedom by the truck load. Those A/C will most likely be where our CAL planes will come from.

Funny. The way I hear it, Delta is on the verge of ditching CHQ completely. Something along the lines of submitting a bid for flying then coming back and demanding a better fee for departure because you were losing money. As for my information, I wouldn't bet the farm on you guys getting any one for one trades on Delta flying. From what I'm hearing, Delta will be phasing you guys out one ERJ at a time.

ASH said:
Given the inflated lease back rates, my feeling, without seeing the specific numbers, are that these A/C would need to get deployed into a profitable fractional/corporate/possible non-US market, for those lease rates to be marketable and profitable. Their would be little chance of a succesful bid to place them with another airline unless they are able to absorb the increased cost in another area, still rendering the 69 A/C a cost liability. I sincerely wish the folks at XJET a prosperous road, and do feel that you have a management that has its head screwed on straight. I hope you are able to deploy your A/C in a manner that is low-risk and profitable.

How can you make a comment on the "inflated lease back rates" if you don't know what the starting point is? Furthermore, they aren't "lease back rates." The 200 basis point premium is on the implied interest rate and not on the lease rate itself. Be careful about believing everything your CEO tells you because he isn't giving the full story whatsoever. You speak in absolute terms yet from what you say it appears that you don't fully understand how these different CPA's are structured and what XJT would have to do to successfully redeploy those aircraft to another carrier or operating area.

-Neal

Last edited:
BluDevAv8r said:
How can you make a comment on the "inflated lease back rates" if you don't know what the starting point is? Furthermore, they aren't "lease back rates." The 200 basis point premium is on the implied interest rate and not on the lease rate itself. Be careful about believing everything your CEO tells you because he isn't giving the full story whatsoever. You speak in absolute terms yet from what you say it appears that you don't fully understand how these different CPA's are structured and what XJT would have to do to successfully redeploy those aircraft to another carrier or operating area.

-Neal

OK, my bad.

FmrFreightDog said:
ASH said:
Ah, I see what you are saying. Not a huge issue at the moment for CHQ. Word is quite strong that we will be reducing our 135/145 flying dramatically for US, UAL, and especially DAL to do 1 for 1 trades for 170/175's. We will simply redeploy those A/C to CAL. Embraer rep in CMH the other day said we have 50 170's painted in DAL colors waiting for delivery. I would imagine those would come at the expense of our 135/145 flying which is being given to Freedom by the truck load. Those A/C will most likely be where our CAL planes will come from.

Funny. The way I hear it, Delta is on the verge of ditching CHQ completely. Something along the lines of submitting a bid for flying then coming back and demanding a better fee for departure because you were losing money. As for my information, I wouldn't bet the farm on you guys getting any one for one trades on Delta flying. From what I'm hearing, Delta will be phasing you guys out one ERJ at a time.
Guess you will just have to wait and see! Yes, they are on the "verge of ditching CHQ" .....in favor of the 170's. Which are operated by Shuttle America. So, technically...your correct!

Never thought I'd say it . . . glad Mesa ain't a part of this . .

I think the CHQ CEO raises some interesting points, particularly about the emotional response that a business group (COEX) must have had when told they're losing 1/3 of their revenue stream . . . .

Remember, ACA had a great management team, lots of money in the bank, a highly motivated pilot group, Airbus' coming on line . .. and it didn't mean jack S!!t in the end.

50 seater CRJ's are a dying aircraft type . . .it's hard to imagine anyone running a successful charter out of this thing, when better, cheaper, more fuel efficient aircraft are available.

So far, this is totally reminicent of the ACA thing. All mangement types said it would fail, except the one running with the "visionary plan", and all employee's were sure they'd come out fine. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY:

"Let's hope history dosen't repeat itself."

ASH said:

Opinion.

Thats funny I heard that delta was going to award the 170 flying to XJT.

I'm very disappointed there was no praise of the almightly in this message. BB must of woke-up on the wrong side of the bed. I thank the almighty that he's not my boss.

Latest resources

Back