Intelligent comments from Chautauqua CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kngarthur said:
By then we will have gotten what I needed from them. I don't care about any of the regional airlines! I have bigger fish to fry.

Yeah. You're the first pilot to think up that career plan.

BluDevAv8r said:
... there is nothing like "pilots fighting pilots."
-Neal

These are words of wisdom from management; CHQ's and everyone else's. All the airline management knows this and applies it as strategy.

It is really frustrating that pilot's can't seem to figure that out.

Yes, I'm talking to you.

Just for fun I am going to throw out my predictions:
- CAL will replace some of the lost feed. Things are working out perfect for them... they are getting more money from XJET and able to reduce their fifty seat feed.
- CHQ will get come up with some fifty seaters that UAL/DAL/USair would like to shed (in exchange, order some 170's)
- XJET will not have much success with their new venture

Sorry guys. I predicted that CAL would dump fifty seaters last year and took some heat for saying it. I don't care what kind of kool-aid XJET mgmt is feeding you guys - it is going to be difficult to make money on 50 seat flying without the fee for departure (read: guaranteed profit) system.

It is like everyone has forgotten about Independence. I understand XJET still has plenty of money coming in... but it is hard to fund a failing business model with a successful one. Remember how much money ACA had when they broke away?

It will be interesting to see if XJET scores a legacy codeshare. After all the talk of CHQ "stealing" their flying. I can't think of any legacy that would be interested in adding more fifty seaters.

Not only will XJET not conduct flying for another major, they will lose more flying 3 years from now. Way to many 50 seaters out in the system. You can hope and pray for the best, but you better plan for the worst.

How can an airline say it's costs are too high? Fares are rising, margins are swelling and airlines are beginning to make money. The artificial glass ceiling on fares seems to have been magically lifted once the last of the airlines are poised to exit bankruptcy. So how can the statement "Costs are too high" mean anything other than "You're not the cheapest, but you better be soon!"

You XJT haters are all a bunch of TOOLS!! Bottom line is none of us know whats going to happen yet. When the news comes out than we will see. Go back to your Soap Opera shows for your weekly drama.

generaltso said:
It will be interesting to see if XJET scores a legacy codeshare. After all the talk of CHQ "stealing" their flying. I can't think of any legacy that would be interested in adding more fifty seaters.

I can.

Axel said:
These are words of wisdom from management; CHQ's and everyone else's. All the airline management knows this and applies it as strategy.

It is really frustrating that pilot's can't seem to figure that out.

Yes, I'm talking to you.

You are talking to me? What do you mean?

I wouldn't be surprised to see some XJet 145's with red and blue "ribbon" tails in the future, and some former CHQ "ribbon tail" 145's sporting "globe tails." It COULD make for more S5/RW 170's, maybe; maybe not. I personally buy into the "eggs in one basket" theory. If XJet ever had a strike or similar issue, CAL would have some serious feed problems. Makes sense they seek a secondary regional feed. I think we'll see a trend toward "everybody flying for everybody" as far as regionals go, purely for "eggs in one basket" reasons.
Then again, what do I know, I'm just a pilot.

DOH, props to ya, buddy!! I too just got done riding my '65 White Girl. Ah, the joys of Mother's day weekend. :D

To all my regional-'ho brethren regardless their employer or code-share; Blue side up, Pointy end forward, Here's to ya!

Sled

Latest resources

Back