• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integrating AAI into SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trannie pilots should gladly accept and go to the bottom of the SWA list and count their blessings.

SWA pilots should demand a staple, as it would be best for the company going forward.

Anything else will destroy the airline- unless SWA execs come to their senses and walks away from the deal and/or continues to operate as two airlines while slowly closing Guadalupe holdings down.

Same old same old, skip goes the broken record ....skip....skip....skip....skip....

I would say THANK YOU to SWAPA for having more class than YOU and several other SWA Pilots on these forums by actually WELCOMING the AAI Pilots, and MEANING it.

We as a pilot group are SWAPA, we came to ATL to welcome YOU! Being greatful is a two way street. WE paid for the evening with our dues, and through our volunteers time. I know of a couple of people who aren't even active in the union who went to ATL on their dime, I was one of them. I hope you enjoyed the evening and hope you have a wonderful, prosperous career as a SW pilot and a member of SWAPA. Just like you think one person's remarks are indicative of the entire pilot group, I'm sure your remarks aren't representative of the entire Tranny's pilot group.

Welcome to Southwest!

We as a pilot group are SWAPA, we came to ATL to welcome YOU! Being greatful is a two way street. WE paid for the evening with our dues, and through our volunteers time. I know of a couple of people who aren't even active in the union who went to ATL on their dime, I was one of them. I hope you enjoyed the evening and hope you have a wonderful, prosperous career as a SW pilot and a member of SWAPA. Just like you think one person's remarks are indicative of the entire pilot group, I'm sure your remarks aren't representative of the entire Tranny's pilot group.

Welcome to Southwest!

I speak for myself thank you. My coments are from me to the arrogant posters here.... nobody else.

This comment is for you "Dick":

Rather than "lecture" me, go internet police your own SWA posters on Flightinfo.

Also... when you (SWAPA) send your own time, and your own money to embrace someone (AAI Pilots) and take the time to genuinely welcome them to SWA.... that is something that transcends B.S. an is a great and wonderful thing.

When you then turn around and throw that same said generosity back into ones face as IF they owe you, for whatever reason.... like YOU just did... well... that just makes my point for me.

Thanks Dick.

Now go lecture some of your LUV Pilots on flightinfo....

I speak for myself thank you. My coments are from me to the arrogant posters here.... nobody else.

This comment is for you "Dick":

Rather than "lecture" me, go internet police your own SWA posters on Flightinfo.

Also... when you (SWAPA) send your own time, and your own money to embrace someone (AAI Pilots) and take the time to genuinely welcome them to SWA.... that is something that transcends B.S. an is a great and wonderful thing.

When you then turn around and throw that same said generosity back into ones face as IF they owe you, for whatever reason.... like YOU just did... well... that just makes my point for me.

Thanks Dick.

Now go lecture some of your LUV Pilots on flightinfo....

Welcome to SWA!

No anger here brother!!! Just commenting on how you seem to have inside information on what our NC wants and on how our pilot group is going to vote. I guess that is why this is the notorious FI. Just post what you deem/want to be factual......then it is!! Just ask Ty, he does this very well. :)

Aaaaa Haaa ... ! So you admit you were hammered when you posted :D Just kidding.

If the gathering SWAPA put on yesterday is any indication of the future then i think we'll all be just fine. Thank you.

P.S. Can we borrow your union until this is over (minus the SLI discussion of course). It's nice to see a Union President who can string a sentence together.

You know, as I read some of the vitriol that is the standard on FI, it occurred to me that with regards to the SWA/AAI integration that maybe I was, inadvertently, guilty of the same. I say inadvertently because even though I've been adamant about pointing out things that I think should be considered when merging the two pilot groups, i.e. the particulars of this situation, that those statements may be misconstrued as being derogatory towards AAI pilots. That was never my intent, but I sincerely apologize just the same if that is how anyone took it.

Let me further say, as a commuter that regularly flies with them, that every AirTran crew that I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with has seemed extremely personable and professional. Sitting up front, I have been impressed with their airmanship, and sitting in back, I have been equally impressed with their hospitality. I remember thinking that they would fit right into our culture long before this acquisition became a possibility. And nothing has or will change(d) my mind about that.

In the end, even though we have different hopes and expectations on how the SLI should go, when it is said and done (regardless of its outcome), I look forward to welcoming all you AAI guys into the Southwest family and moving on with doing what we do best, providing excellent customer service in the form of air travel.

Sincerely,
PapaWoody

Last edited:
Some on both sides are just a bit too high strung

Very well put, Papa Woody. The same goes for all the SWA crew I have met, as well, on the jumpseat, at "C's" and various other eating and drinking emporiums.

Regards,

TW

Watch the language, kids. Acronyms for curse words aren't allowed any more than the curse words themselves, not to mention we don't need the hostility.

Thanks,

/mod

You know, as I read some of the vitriol that is the standard on FI, it occurred to me that with regards to the SWA/AAI integration that maybe I was, inadvertently, guilty of the same. I say inadvertently because even though I've been adamant about pointing out things that I think should be considered when merging the two pilot groups, i.e. the particulars of this situation, that those statements may be misconstrued as being derogatory towards AAI pilots. That was never my intent, but I sincerely apologize just the same if that is how anyone took it.

Let me further say, as a commuter that regularly flies with them, that every AirTran crew that I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with has seemed extremely personable and professional. Sitting up front, I have been impressed with their airmanship, and sitting in back, I have been equally impressed with their hospitality. I remember thinking that they would fit right into our culture long before this acquisition became a possibility. And nothing has or will change(d) my mind about that.

In the end, even though we have different hopes and expectations on how the SLI should go, when it is said and done (regardless of its outcome), I look forward to welcoming all you AAI guys into the Southwest family and moving on with doing what we do best, providing excellent customer service in the form of air travel.

Sincerely,
PapaWoody
Awesome post, my friend. I can say the same thing, for Southwest, my commute to and from Florida and the years I spent going back and forth to Detroit at my previous carrier on SWA, the crews were always awesome, and the rides much appreciated. I agree, the culture is more of a fit than most people give it credit for...

Tensions are going to run high and low during all this, but it's nice to know that, in the end, we'll all be able to come together when it's all said and done to kick industry butt and take names for decades to come. :beer:

Latest resources

Back