Inside info on FedEx pilot hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are hiring furloughed pilots - limited basis

FedEx hired a bunch of furloughed pilots in the past only to have them leave and return to their previous employer/seniority number when times got better.

You know the saying; Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

You can thank previous pilots for FedEx's current rules.

Goose17

you have to remember what happened before 9/11. A bunch of pilots were hired by Fed-EX and quit to fly for UA, AA, DL...blah blah blah. Before 9/11 if you didn't have the freight dog drive, Fedex was the redheaded step child. Now everyone is giving their left something for a job/rehire.

My ACP made it clear that if the guy I'm sponsoring leaves in 18 months or so, my future recommendations are worthless. So consider that when guys ask you to sponsor them......

Last edited:
sandman2122 said:
My ACP made it clear that if the guy I'm sponsoring leaves in 18 months or so, my future recommendations are worthless. So consider that when guys ask you to sponsor them......
So. . . . how can you control what your buddy does?? What if he decided to go join a convent??

Your future recs would probably still be worthless...........wasting Fred's money will p**s them off......

I wouldn't risk playing the " what if " game in my opinion....

Last edited:
sandman2122 said:
I perosnally sponsored an AA furloughed guy who interviewed with us at FedEx last month. I also have another AA furloughed buddy that interviewed the following day. A third who happened to turn down an interview back in 2000 may even get an interview.....I've also got a NWA furlough bud who's working on getting an appointment with an ACP....

FedEx is considering/interviewing furloughed guys. The door is open, but you need someone willing to sponsor you.

Did any of them get hired?

Haven't heard yet. I guess no news is good news.

I heard a few former AA guys have been hired but I can't confirm that rumor. It would be nice to have a current "Straight In Approach" that lists the newhires background.....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back