Industry 70 seat rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
Delta paid CMR and ASA as wholly owned subsidiaries. USAir paid ALG and PDT as wholly owned subsidiaries. How does Horizon get paid? Who pays them? I don't know for sure, but I would bet it is a fee-for departure scheme paid by Alaska. If you know for sure, I would be interested in finding out.
Horizon gets paid from the passengers that fly on the airline! I know it's a hard concept to swallow, but it's true. They are a self-sustaining airline that can survive my themselves. Granted some of the airline functions have been combined to Air Group to help save money for both Alaska and Horizon, the two companies could fully function, and make money separately. Not your typical regional.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

:rolleyes:Joe, I don't believe that Horizon will have to worry about that! They have been able to stay clear of it so far. If we don't get a pay raise, then the last 4 years have been for NOTHING!! That is not acceptable! They have been making HUGE profits and laughing it up all the while WE have not been getting any payraises.
Correct me if I am wrong, but does'nt that 10 yr contract that SK just signed with DAL explicitly say ASA to fly 80-85% of the flying out of ATL? If that is the case, we are holding all of the marbles. They might put all of us in ATL, but we will continue to OWN ATL!!

Tomct said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but does'nt that 10 yr contract that SK just signed with DAL explicitly say ASA to fly 80-85% of the flying out of ATL? If that is the case, we are holding all of the marbles. They might put all of us in ATL, but we will continue to OWN ATL!!

Yes it does IF our costs stay in line. If our costs get out of line, then that percentage doesn't apply. If our costs are the highest, there is NOTHING to stop SKYW management from replacing us with SKYW, and their is nothing to stop Delta from replacing SKYW. We don't "OWN" ATL as much as ALPA would have you believe.

Ok. Let me settle your score. Here is how Horizon makes its money (this is from 2004, the most recent info I could find). This is copied from Horizon's Employee website:

For every dollar that Horizon makes it comes from:

1. 55¢ Horizon native-network flying
Revenue earned from Horizon’s traditional revenue-at-risk markets.

2. 32¢ Network development and harmonization flying
Revenue earned from Horizon’s
harmonization markets and high-Alaska-connection routes.

3. Frontier JetExpress flying
Revenue earned from Horizon’s Frontier JetExpress contract.

4. 3¢ Other
Aircraft manufacturer credits, ground handling revenue, excess-baggage fees and nonrevenue fees.

5. Freight and mail
Goldstreak and mail revenues and freight handling services.

.....So is Horizon different?.....I think so!:D

Not to bring this back to the 70 seat pay rate thing or anything, but...

Have you noticed that the pay cut the company wants from the FOs puts them below the 50 seat rate? 4 year scale is 35.88 on the 50 right now. The preposed for the 70 is 34.80. What is the deal with that? Its not even a one rate pay scale.

Edit: And lets not forget that Skywest's base pay rate for their 4 year FOs (for example) is $37. So why, ASA, are we going to allow you to pay us less than what Skywest gets paid?

Last edited:
Where are all the whining gayjet guys now? I don't think they are responding to this thread. Oh thats right, I forgot they don't have a contract! And they must be too ashamed to respond!! You better lower that "average" pay since they did!!

You beat me to it OCP. I don't even think the company knows how stupid that makes them look to us by putting that out. Not one cent less than SKW rates work rules etc... I will not vote for a contract that is less than our sister airline has in total compensation, not just payrates. Managment wants paycuts from every pilot not just the 70 guys in the things they are cutting from our current contract. The loss of underblock pay would not be replaced by a 1.6% raise, not even close.

We have only had two opening salvo's in the money sections so there is more to fire back and forth.

John, where would you have started the proposal for pay. You keep saying that you don't agree with the paycuts, but does that mean you are willing to take the proposal the company is offering? You keep saying that our MEC/CNC is wrong but you never say what your answer is that is so much better.

I will sure bring up all these points in the P2P call tonight cause I don't understand everything either.

The Comair rates are wrong. They haven't taken a paycut to those rates listed, and reamain at the frozen rates of june '05.

New pay cut talks will resume soon.

The current rates are...

70 seat 50 Seat
yr---CA----CA
3----71----65
5----75----69
6----78----71
7----80----72
8----82----75
9----85----77
10---89----80
max