Indigo Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Webslinger,

If your gonna take that king of tone with me on this forum the I have to recind my apology............ now why don't you be a good boy and "sling" that gear in the up position!!!!!!!!

Oh......oooooohhhhhhhhh

LOL

rumor is that you guys might be closing very,very soon. Network-dude, get back West were you belong!!!

Eliminator

News Flash......
As of Friday, May 30th. ALL Indigo employees have been placed on furlough. And when I say ALL employees, I mean ALL, ie (pilots, mechanics, accounting, HR, flight attendents.) The company has officially ran out of cash, and on top of that none of the employees recieved there last paycheck for the last 2 weeks of work from May 15th thru the 30th.- we were also stiffed on all of our vacation time/pay. Nice company eh? For the record, I am not a "nay sayer", I have been here from the begining and have seen the ups and downs...but I have HAD IT !!!! By Illinois state law the company has 13 days to pay us our last payroll check including accrewed vacation....well see. Anyway, Nuff said...Im not going to waste anymore of my energy talking about this trainwreck of an operation. The Indigo Phoenix has crashed yet again. I wish the ex "head in the clouds" ex "American Airlines Retirement Managment" that ran this place into the ground good luck on there golf games this week as they return to there families and cush retirement bank accounts. And as for our "Board of directors", remember....you bastards still owe us money- and how do you look at yourself in the mirror tomorrow and still sleep like a baby at night......see you in hell my friend.

Last edited:
My sympathies to Networ-King and Webslinger. The Indigo concept was ahead of its time - the economy needed to rebound sooner...

Good luck.

Heavy Set,

I appreciate your sympathy, but I for one couldn't wait for D day. Like I said before, living around Teterboro is not very pleasant and I know that I don't have the drive to do that kind of stuff anymore. I couldn't wait till Indigone was .....well..... gone. I just feel for the guys and gals at Indiblow that have families to support. As for Webslinger........ I have given him a shot of B-12 and a Valium so be leary of a dazed pilot stumbling around the windy city with a hard on.... ;). A new type, some new friends and the same old management bullsh#t. There were times that I wanted to fill people in a little bit more about indigo, but the bosses were watching and I had to be nice. Webslinger pretty much has it down to a Tee so I won't go into it anymore. Doogie...... I'll be in touch, as for aviation........... you can have it.......... time to go make some real money.

Maddog....... move over buddy, guess where Im heading? YYYAAAAAA mmmmuuuulllleeeeeeeee YYYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

out of business?

rumor is they have closed their doors, CP or someone just took another job at about 1/2 of Indigo pay. any truth to this rumor

Webslinger said:
News Flash......
As of Friday, May 30th. ALL Indigo employees have been placed on furlough. And when I say ALL employees, I mean ALL, ie (pilots, mechanics, accounting, HR, flight attendents.) The company has officially ran out of cash, and on top of that none of the employees recieved there last paycheck for the last 2 weeks of work from May 15th thru the 30th.- we were also stiffed on all of our vacation time/pay. Nice company eh? For the record, I am not a "nay sayer", I have been here from the begining and have seen the ups and downs...but I have HAD IT !!!! By Illinois state law the company has 13 days to pay us our last payroll check including accrewed vacation....well see. Anyway, Nuff said...Im not going to waste anymore of my energy talking about this trainwreck of an operation. The Indigo Phoenix has crashed yet again. I wish the ex "head in the clouds" ex "American Airlines Retirement Managment" that ran this place into the ground good luck on there golf games this week as they return to there families and cush retirement bank accounts. And as for our "Board of directors", remember....you bastards still owe us money- and how do you look at yourself in the mirror tomorrow and still sleep like a baby at night......see you in hell my friend.

PilotYIP,

I think this post answers your question...

My sympathies go out to all former Indigo employees and their families... Webslinger, give me a call if you need anything... Hang in there, you have good quals, things usually happen for a reason, maybe something better is right around the corner for you.

Hey check this out.............

One of my former collegues at Indigo left a bag in the TEB ops and he tried to get it but, the security guard wouldn't let him on the property. Said that if he didn't leave he was instructed to call the cops. LOL........wow...... these bastard$ owe JetAviation some money so they confiscated everything in our old ops. Man, I was gonna get the fax machine, TV and some booze before I drove out of that god for saken pilot trap, but the voice of reason kept me from taking anything.......... man, what I wouldn't do to meet up with my reasonable side and just kick his a$$. LOL......aaaahhhhhh se la vi............... next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: out of business?

pilotyip said:
rumor is they have closed their doors, CP or someone just took another job at about 1/2 of Indigo pay. any truth to this rumor

Indigo Corporate Jet Airline Ceases Flight Operations
On May 30, Indigo suddenly suspended its “corporate jet airline” service between Chicago Midway and New Jersey Teterboro Airports. Indigo chairman and CEO Peter Pappas did not return telephone calls seeking comment, but a message on the company’s Web site (www.flyindigo.com) states the airline “regrets any inconvenience this action may have caused for its passengers. Indigo is currently reorganizing its finances and operations and hopes to resume service in the future.” Just three months ago Indigo had resumed service with a 16-seat Embraer Legacy. The company originally launched service in February 2000 with a Falcon 20. Suspending its flights is welcome news to several local politicians and New Jersey Governor James McGreevey. These politicians have been involved in a well publicized campaign to block Indigo from using Teterboro, alleging that it violates the airport’s ban against scheduled operations. Indigo has always maintained that it’s not a scheduled airline, but a “regular and frequent public charter service.”

Latest resources

Back