"Inappropriate PA's" memo....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crj567

Apparently SH has his thong in a bunch because people are making "inappropriate PAs." Some of these announcements apparently contain "inappropriate" comments about the level of service some ramp and/or gate personnel are providing at certain outstations...

Well, let's see.... We never had problems with waiting 45 minutes at outstations for someone to finally show up and park us when ASA people worked at these places. We never used to have delays attributed to the fact that no gate agent can figure out how to to do the most basic things-like request a release.

I know we have all RIF'd the hell out of these situations-and nothing much has changed. DAL just doesn't give a rat about how their passengers fare in these situations-it is all about the lowest bidder now. People need to be given accurate information about these sorts of situations, so they can take this knowledge into account the next time their plans call for travel. Perhaps they could choose to purchase a ticket on some airline which can provide the level of service they come to expect. (There are airlines which do not fire all the experienced station personell at essentially every single outstation and replace them with people making 1/2 or 1/3 as much.)

Personally-I think it is completely appropriate to let the passenegers know who and where to address their complaints, and why things are the way they are; since ASA is in no way responsible for these problems. It seems very reasonable to assume that if enough pissed "platinum medallion" folks write some letters, DAL may actually take this problem seriously-they sure don't care what we think.

-Thoughts?

Last edited:
Apparently SH has his thong in a bunch because people are making "inappropriate PAs." Some of these announcements apparently contain "inappropriate" comments about the level of service some ramp and/or gate personnel are providing at certain outstations...

Well, let's see.... We never had problems with waiting 45 minutes at outstations for someone to finally show up and park us when ASA people worked at these places. We never used to have delays attributed to the fact that no gate agent can figure out how to to do the most basic things-like request a release.

I know we have all RIF'd the hell out of these situations-and nothing much has changed. DAL just doesn't give a rat about how their passengers fare in these situations-it is all about the lowest bidder now. People need to be given accurate information about these sorts of situations, so they can take this knowledge into account the next time their plans call for travel. Perhaps they could choose to purchase a ticket on some airline which can provide the level of service they come to expect. (There are airlines which do not fire all the experienced station personell at essentially every single outstation and replace them with people making 1/2 or 1/3 as much.)

Personally-I think it is completely appropriate to let the passenegers know who and where to address their complaints, and why things are the way they are; since ASA is in no way responsible for these problems. It seems very reasonable to assume that if enough pissed "platinum medallion" folks write some letters, DAL may actually take this problem seriously-they sure don't care what we think.

-Thoughts?

Telling the passengers that we have work ethic and staffing issues with our ramp personal is perfectly appropriate, because its the truth.

I can imagine we had an african american passenger who took it personal. This is a economic-slave labor issue. Delta should pay these guys more money so they have a reason to work harder.

Ok, I wasn't gonna say anything, but come on guys. Just be professional out there.I have to agree with SH on this one. Making announcements that rip our company is not very smart. Do you really think making our product look bad is wise. What is our product you ask.The company who pays our salaries, that's who.Not too smart to run our customers off, do you think?

Jesus another ASA memo, My company posted one on upcoming events for janitors, should I post it?

FWIW, I would speculate that 99% of our passengers believe that they are on a Delta flight to begin with.

It kinda makes you wonder who was on one of our flights that had the connections to grab the attention of ASA's Flt Ops guys...

When I was at Pinnacle and we were serviced in DTW by Mesaba, the ground service was horrible. Typical was 15 minutes waiting for rampers to park us. So, I would wait about 10 minutes, and then I would make a PA telling the passengers what was going on, and I would inform them that there were customer comment cards they could fill out, and they could also go to the NWA website and fill out a comment form.

What's wrong with that? The company should want to know when customers aren't happy, right?

Most passengers think they're on a Delta flight! Most don't have a clue what ASA is. If the crew tells them that the service is that bad, would you book your next ticket on Delta?

Latest resources

Back